• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
this is what happens when you don't log out on your home computer :D

love ya miss ya! :)

SWA/FO said:
Don't get that zip out liner, the jacket is warm enough.

I have the zip out liner and have not zipped it in once. I still think it's a great option though and you can use it to suffocate a senior pilot sleeping by you on your commute. (huh SWA/FO)

Glad the suit thing came up.. I was wondering if was the only guy who was "suit challenged".. Anyway, I did call LL a few days ago and asked her what the definition of a "business suit" was.. She told me that it meant a real business suit, not a jacket and tie.. So I only have one decent suit, and will just wear it with two different shirts/ties..

Oh, and someone else mentioned "business casual" as being the norm for the duration of the ground school.. I saw that the info package said "casual" are jeans and a nice button down shirt, or polo shirt acceptable?

Thanks, and cant wait to meet everyone!

great thread..

Indapool, thanks for not logging out at home...very informative post by your better half...thank you!!

Pegasus, you mentioned "Be prepared for a huge handout of pubs on day" would this be on the very first day at indoc or would this be the first day of ground school....just trying to determine what day to carry in the flight case.

One more question...does the flight case have to be black? Or does the brown jepp flight case suffice at sw?

W8n4swa:cool:

From the desk of the Jball:

-Wore the same suit the first 2 days with different shirt and tie

-Business casual: by the end of ground school it means just don't wear shorts

-I dont have a zip out liner but my coat does get warm in the winter and HOT as spring approaches so consider getting it to make you cooler

-Have too much fun at the party but don't be late. I suffered the next day but I did show up on time!

-DO NOT STUDY TOO MUCH! You'll drive yourself crazy as well as everyone else.

-HAVE FUN, it 's all PAYROLL DEDUCTABLE!

w8n4swa,

Docs handed out at the end of day 1.
Color of pubs bag...all our class have black ones but no-one said they couldn't be brown.
See ya soon:)

Reference the FOM: SWA prefers you have a black bag, (at least that is what it said not too long ago), but it is not necessary. If you already have a brown one I would not purchase a new black one until you have paid for everything else you need.

Corndog.

Flight mgmnt at SWA is brilliant, bringin in the wives and getting them all warm and fuzzy. Nothin like knowing that the wives of the pilots are all on the companies side when contracts are up for negotiation.. I am surprized that other airlines have not started using the same tactic. No wonder they are still makin money. They are just plain smarter.......

Dogg,

Delta did the same thing. They'd even have some sort of banquet or something where they'd bring the guys up on a stage and announce them as "Captain XXX" (because it was just a matter of time, and they were hiring 'Captains'). Less than a year later these folks were pounding bricks. Don't know about the other Majors out there. I know as a National, jetBlue lets you bring a wife these days.

Delta also put on a shin-dig for upgrades. No word on a dinner for when they got bumped, though.

JayDub

Latest resources

Back