Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Retired professionals to replace pilots...able to train glass cockpit in 1 hour.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BoilerUP said:
It's SALON.COM guys, don't even worry about it...

What the he11 is Salon.com? Is this the garbage women read to decide which spa treatment to get this week? I'm gonna vomit in three... two.... one....:puke:

It's Satire. You know, like Jonathan Swift, the English author. 'A Modest Proposal'. Google it. Or, recall your high school english class.

What the author is really trying to say is the exact opposite of what he has written. He is trying to say that flying a modern jet is difficult, and that the people that are doing it now are doing an excellent job.

This passage is really not what it seems. It's actually a really good piece of writing.

So lets see..... one crash in five years, and how many corporate scandals and big business failures? Hey i've got a great idea, let Bryan Liarbreque take the controls for free, thats what he wants us to do.

Have you guys all seriously lost your satire detectors? Did none of you notice the title? Or did you all skip English Literature class? Geez, what a bunch of illiterate, humorless dolts.

And by the way, just to be clear, the original "Modest Proposal" involved a simple, elegant solution to the dual problems (at the time) of too many babies and a food shortage. The solution: eat the babies.

A quote from the original: "I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance in London, that a young healthy child well nursed is at a year old a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled ..."

This letter is written in the same spirit.

xjcsa said:
And by the way, just to be clear, the original "Modest Proposal" involved a simple, elegant solution to the dual problems (at the time) of too many babies and a food shortage. The solution: eat the babies.

A quote from the original: "I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance in London, that a young healthy child well nursed is at a year old a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled ..."

This letter is written in the same spirit.

That's fair, I missed it. But it's pretty subtle.

I laughed.....then moved on.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back