Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flygirl_1313

Wish it was simple...
I have a friend that has had 3 jobs this year. CFI, freight, and a regional. He was at the flight school for about 2 years total, at the freight company for 4 months and at the Regional for about 4 months. He was using each job to build time like most people do and when he had the time to leave he moved on. Of course, everyone wants to put their best foot forward on paper so he asked me if he should take the dates that he was employed off his resume because he thinks it looks bad. He got put on the street at the regional and really dooes not want another job at the airlines, after being there he hated it (gotta love the regionals)! Should he take the dates off the resume? I'm not sure if it matters but his times are......

ATP Multi/Comm SE
1550 TT
100 Turbine
450 Multi

Thanks!

Last edited:
He needs to list the dates. He is going to have to put them on an application anyway. If he leaves the dates off, that is a huge red flag that something is wrong.

When you say he got "put on the street," was he furloughed or fired? If he was furloughed that is out of his control. If he was fired, then he needs to have a really good answer for the next employer as to why, and what he learned from it.

Latest resources

Back