Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

citdrver

Hey Folks,

It has been a while since I tweaked my resume, and I'm afraid it may need an overhaul. Anyone have any good resume resources for pilots.......oh yea I'm cheap too, I dont want to drop $200 for it either.

I just need to find some good examples to format mine to (Im not creative at all), or perhaps something with a good description of the relative parts ands pieces of this very important document.

Thanks,

Citdrver

Resume format

Here's the basic format of my resume:

Your name in large letters
Address
Phone number
Cell number

(The above should be centered on the page)

Objective: Professional Pilot Employment (or Flight Officer) (Flight Instructor if it is for that job)

Certificates and Ratings: Pilot certificates and ratings, instructor certificate and ratings, First Class Medical, Ground instructor certificate and ratings, A & P, FCC Radiotelephone Permit, etc.

Flight Time: (center the total, something like, "Total 4565)
Then break it down into PIC, multi, instrument, cross-country, night, dual given, etc. If you have good turbine, which it appears that you do, put it fairly high. You want to set up nicely-tabulated columns, with the most significant times highest up.

Experience: State your employers and dates of employment. Last employer first. Describe your job duties briefly and succinctly and aircraft flown, e.g. "Trained ab initio Alitalia crews using the line-oriented flight training philosophy. Aircraft flown: PA-44, PA-28-160, MO20."

Then, Technical Training. List your school and/or source of training.

Education: Put down your college, degree earned and major. If you graduated cum laude and had a high GPA, put it down. That is a major plus, no matter when you graduated.

Personal info: Date of birth, etc.

Finally, at the bottom:

Availability: Immediate

I see no need to waste a line by saying that your references are available on request. Everyone has references. They know you have references.

The examples are actual from my resume.

Keep it simple and to the point. Above all, keep it to one page. Don't get too fancy with fonts. It may be scanned into an H.R. database. Of course, print it on good quality paper. I used a light beige color. Get some blank sheets for your cover letters.

As much as I loathe Kit Darby's promotiions, I must admit that he comes up with some good resume forms. Maybe you can borrow one of his books. I wouldn't pay the money for it, though.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your job search

Latest resources

Back