Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UGAflyer

Glory Glory to ol Georgia
So i've got the good 'ol microsoft word template resume...but want something a little different. Anybody have a link or anything else to a good resume format? Oh yeah, I GRADUATE ON SATURDAY!!! Go Dawgs!...it's kinda depressing.

Georga?

Well, the format doesn't matter much. Your name/address/contact info, objective, Airman certificates, hours, education, work experience, personal interests, references available on request ... any way you want.

Now, Georgia ... well, to bad.

TransMach

I went to the local library, grabbed a bunch of books on resumes and completely rewrote the one I had been using from college. Its very simple and concise, and I utilized 'bullets' insteads of paragraphs. Easy to read in the hopes that a pilot recruiter won't immediately trash it because its too long and wordy.

TransMach said:
Well, the format doesn't matter much. Your name/address/contact info, objective, Airman certificates, hours, education, work experience, personal interests, references available on request ... any way you want.

Now, Georgia ... well, to bad.

TransMach

I disagree...

Format does matter, particularly in this industry, where one job posting can collect over 1000 resumes in less than two days...

Here's my suggestions- keep it simple, keep it readable, and do as much as you can to vertically align your resume. If you want some help with it or suggestions, feel free to PM me.

SeaLord said:
I went to the local library, grabbed a bunch of books on resumes and completely rewrote the one I had been using from college. Its very simple and concise, and I utilized 'bullets' insteads of paragraphs. Easy to read in the hopes that a pilot recruiter won't immediately trash it because its too long and wordy.
How could you be that wordy, if you just graduated from college?
Name:

Address:

Objective:

Education:

Employment:

2001-2005: Assistant Night Manager at Subway. Part time nights and weekends.

2001-2005: University Pool Lifeguard. Part time.

2001-2005: Part time sales associate at Circuit City.

Flight Experience:

249 Hours TT, 40 hours multi, 40 hours simulated Instrument, 180 total landings with 10 at night. CFI, MEI, Commericial ASEL/AMEL, Instrument.

Contact Info: [email protected]

FN, I would suggest a slight change in the format.

Name:

Address: (Include e-mail and cell phone numbers)

Objective:

Pilot Certificates: Commercial Pilot; Airplane S&MEL
Instrument Airplane
Flight Instructor; Airplane Single Engine
Medical Certificate; FAA Second Class
Restricted RadioTelephone Operators Permit
Passport; USA exp. 12/2525

Flight Times: Total Time 371 CFI 100
PIC 330 night 20
SIC MEL 25
Actual IFR 10 Simulated IFR 50

Employment:

6/2004 Jim Bob's Flight School; East Bumfuc, Egypt
to Flight Instructor
Present Cessna 100/200 series

8/2000 College Book Store; Bumfuc, Egypt
to Assistant Manager
5/2004

Education:

All employers are looking for specific things. You need to make it as easy as possible for them to find them. One of the problems is that each operator has different hot buttons they are looking for. For a standard resume, you need to cover as many of the possible items you can. Radio permit and passport are two items that many pilots leave off their resumes. And in the past, when I have been responsible for pilot recruiting, I have ignored those resumes that didn't list those items. Break down your times as much as possible. Three is no need to list all the types you have flown. If you know they operate a type aircraft you have time in, it is alright to put your flight time in type in your flight times section. But other than that, they really do not care if you have time in an Erocoupe, if they operate King Airs. What they do care about is what types of aircraft you have worked. In other words, what types of aircraft have you used to make money in. So list those in your employment section.

Rick1128 said:
FN, I would suggest a slight change in the format.

Name:

Address: (Include e-mail and cell phone numbers)

Objective:

Pilot Certificates: Commercial Pilot; Airplane S&MEL
Instrument Airplane
Flight Instructor; Airplane Single Engine
Medical Certificate; FAA Second Class
Restricted RadioTelephone Operators Permit
Passport; USA exp. 12/2525

Flight Times: Total Time 371 CFI 100
PIC 330 night 20
SIC MEL 25
Actual IFR 10 Simulated IFR 50

Employment:

6/2004 Jim Bob's Flight School; East Bumfuc, Egypt
to Flight Instructor
Present Cessna 100/200 series

8/2000 College Book Store; Bumfuc, Egypt
to Assistant Manager
5/2004

Education:

All employers are looking for specific things. You need to make it as easy as possible for them to find them. One of the problems is that each operator has different hot buttons they are looking for. For a standard resume, you need to cover as many of the possible items you can. Radio permit and passport are two items that many pilots leave off their resumes. And in the past, when I have been responsible for pilot recruiting, I have ignored those resumes that didn't list those items. Break down your times as much as possible. Three is no need to list all the types you have flown. If you know they operate a type aircraft you have time in, it is alright to put your flight time in type in your flight times section. But other than that, they really do not care if you have time in an Erocoupe, if they operate King Airs. What they do care about is what types of aircraft you have worked. In other words, what types of aircraft have you used to make money in. So list those in your employment section.

That looks good...flight times and experience at the top in applying for an aviation related job. Makes sense to me.

Latest resources

Back