Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rest requirements / duty time history of...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dead on !! Never understood why most pilots are republicans but belongs to unions. It's like being pro life, but at the same time support the death penalty.
Oh no, it's getting too political :)
because dems are in to income redistribution. pilots don't want their union benefit money going to anyone but them, hence GOP

Perhaps the FAA might be interested in a study that shows drowsy people operating a vehicle is unsafe. Perhaps not.

Nearly one-third (32 percent) of American drivers admitted to drowsy driving in the past month, even though 96 percent of the respondents said drowsy driving is an unacceptable behavior.

The poll by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety was released to coincide with this year's Drowsy Driving Prevention Week, Nov. 6 to 12, hosted by the foundation, the AAA and the National Sleep Foundation.

Drowsy driving can have serious consequences. These drivers are involved in one of every six deadly crashes and one in eight crashes resulting in serious injury, according to a study released last year by the AAA Foundation.

"Although the vast majority of drivers recognize the serious threat of drowsy driving, a 'do as I say, not as I do' attitude exists when getting behind the wheel.

Drowsy driving kills, just as sure as drunk, drugged and distracted driving does," AAA Foundation president and CEO Peter Kissinger said in a foundation news release. "Drivers have a tendency to underestimate the impact being tired has on their driving ability, which puts themselves and others at risk."

http://yourlife.usatoday.com/health...g-unacceptable-but-one-third-do-it/51169908/1

Any rest less than 9 hours (and excluding shuttle time to and from airport) is a joke. Because it means the pilot will average less than 6 hours of sleep.

It is that simple for the first rule. That simple to fix.

It gets worst and more complicated with circadian rhythms.

The FAA and Airlines don't care. This is what they care about $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Any rest less than 9 hours (and excluding shuttle time to and from airport) is a joke. Because it means the pilot will average less than 6 hours of sleep.

It is that simple for the first rule. That simple to fix.

It gets worst and more complicated with circadian rhythms.

The FAA and Airlines don't care. This is what they care about $$$$$$$$$$$$.
like I said the perfect rule, no flying between 2200 and 0800 local, everyone would be rested

Dude yip- you're such a manager
Thank you for the complement, what you don't like perfection? Just going back to my basic point. There are no rest rules beyond ridiculous that will ensure a crewmember flying all nigh when their time off is on daytime routine will ever be relieved of all fatigue. BTW if you have the skills you owe it to your fellow pilots to come into management and make the industry better than I have made it.

Latest resources

Back