• Start date
  • Watchers 7

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are quite a few furloughed major airline pilots at Comair as well. They all elected to resign their seniority with the hopes that Comair -- despite aircraft type -- will be a stable, long-term career with better than average growth potential.

I too dreamed of the PanAm 747. Nowadays I just hope to make it to the left seat before retirement ;)

Headed to listen to Kit Darby in Sept and beg for an RJ job.

good points

Very good points "Furloughed." Being 32 with family commitments certainly changes one's perspective on these issues. Being at the bottom of the list, I likely will not be recalled to my former "big, global, Rhapshody in Blue carrier" for another 5 - 7 years. Soooo..... resigning my number was not a difficult decision. Folks who lament my decision to do so are welcome to float me a check to cover my monthly expenses so I can feel good about "protecting and defending the profession." I will gladly set up a PayPal account for that purpose!! And while some get wrapped up in "fuselage envy" I think they all pretty much look the same from the front seat forward. Besides, Providence to Phoenix is long enough for me. Okay, go ahead and flame away.

all VERY good points

can you imagine how easy it would be to chase fllying jobs without the family commitments! anyone thought of flying for emirates? they are hiring i think

Both my best friends and my dad just recently retired from Emirates. I have to say it was thee best airline being in the family. My dad was always picked up by a driver in a brand new volvo. The house on the beach was rent free. No taxed income. Free electricity, water, etc. Basically no living expenses. Car loan at 0% interest. Full medical and dental coverage. 401K, retirement. The whole package. They even paid the bill for your kids to attend a private school. If you factor all of that in, they made just as much, if not more than the US pilots do here in the states.

My best friend now flies for ACA(furloughed) and I"m trying to get in somewhere. We're both considering applying to Emirates the minute we hit 2500TT and 1000 Turbine. The 1000 turbine doesn't have to be PIC. It just has to be in a multi crew environment.
BTW, did I mention Dubai(city where Emirates is based) is one of the most metropolitan cities in that region. Its more westernized than the west. Skyrises everywhere, state of the art EVERYTHING. Your not exactly living in a third world country there. In fact its usually one of the places thats on the discovery channell for most expensive/lavish places to visit.

They are hiring FO's and placing them in the A330's, and B777's.

If my girlfriend told me that she would go tommorrow I'd already be waiting at the airport for her with the bags.

I believe most companies shred the resignation letter because they know what the reality is. I've been told this "unofficially," of course.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back