Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cstyle said:
Snap,
If you handle this the right way there will most likely be no damage to your career or reputation. My point was loyalty is a 2 way street, and the vast majority of pilots aren't any more loyal than the companies they work for. The era of employer/employee loyalty died some time ago. That doesn’t mean it is OK to cut and run on a company that has made a substantial financial investment in you. (contract or not) I think 1 year is a reasonable amount of time to expect someone to stay. Less than that and you run the risk of burning a bridge. Less than 6 months and you will most likely burn a bridge.

Like the others have said, be 100% upfront and honest, and it will probably all work out fine. Good Luck

Thats it.."upfront and honest". They will respect you if you tell them "hey I'am trying to advance my career". Well if they dont', then you dont need to be working there in the first place. Anyone with morals will understand. My first corporate gig, my boss said "I have NO problem with you trying to advance your career, but just let us know".

to top it all off...i tried to respect the company..i left on the second day of indoc...they dont pay for housing so i didnt cost the company much at all...never the less i am a little worried about explaining it in future interviews.......The fact of the matter is...the company was not very stable...and i was gonna get like 20 hours a month....hahah there were over 100 FO's at my domicile to four airplanes...FOUR...give me a break...i realize QOL aint gonna be great as a young FO...but thats ridiculous...id rather sit on reserve for three years and get 80 hours a month on a jet than what this wouldve been.

snap145 said:
to top it all off...i tried to respect the company..i left on the second day of indoc...they dont pay for housing so i didnt cost the company much at all...never the less i am a little worried about explaining it in future interviews.......The fact of the matter is...the company was not very stable...and i was gonna get like 20 hours a month....hahah there were over 100 FO's at my domicile to four airplanes...FOUR...give me a break...i realize QOL aint gonna be great as a young FO...but thats ridiculous...id rather sit on reserve for three years and get 80 hours a month on a jet than what this wouldve been.

What company?

Will you even need to discuss it in an interview? On the second day of indoc you haven't even started FAA type training, and if you go right to another groundschool there won't be a significant lapse in employment. This might be something you could just "forget." YMMV.

left TSA...for PSA or Airwis...got the 41 in RIC.....pilots were telling me to expect 30 hours tops per month

So are you telling me you are about to go to your 3rd airline and you have 1200 TT! If that is the case, that could be a big problem.

Cstyle:

I think he's saying he got hired by TSA and has since recieved offers from PSA and Air Willy.

Corect me if I'm wrong. I'm used to it:)

thats correct...i left trans states for possibilities with psa or air wisconsin

Latest resources

Back