Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kman

MR O
Guys How does the res system work at Netjets? Call outs? Airport Standby? How does it compare to the average 121 outfit. Thanks guys.

You can't compare it to airline reserve. All NJA reserve is you know you'll have 4 hard days off a month and that you'll be working 18 days a month with a max of 7 on. The company will determine what day you will start a tour and how long you'll be out. That's it. It is not "reserve" in the true sense of the word like you're sitting around waiting to be called out. Don't confuse the two. You'll just be working more (and getting paid more) than the 7 and 7 guys. They should have just continued to call it the flex schedule.

Kman,
I answered your question in another thread. Here it is again...

The reserve (formerly flex) schedule at NetJets has very little in common with the way the airlines do things. Instead of callout windows, we find out the day prior if we will be needed the following day. If not, the day is yours. You are not on tap to do anything with the company.
Also, NetJets uses their reserve folks like line holders. I can find out at the start of the month when I am forecasted to go to work. 99% of the time, that is exactly what happens.

Does anyone know if the company will let you stack your 4 days at the end of one month and the next months at the beginning of that month to guarentee 8 in a row off or if it is possible to at least semi-guarentee a big hunk of time like this off on the reserve schedule without using vacation? Also do you get two weeks the first year (prorated to the amount of time you are there that year) or do you have to build it up your 2 weeks your first year and then use them starting the next year?

jtf said:
Does anyone know if the company will let you stack your 4 days at the end of one month and the next months at the beginning of that month to guarentee 8 in a row off or if it is possible to at least semi-guarentee a big hunk of time like this off on the reserve schedule without using vacation? Also do you get two weeks the first year (prorated to the amount of time you are there that year) or do you have to build it up your 2 weeks your first year and then use them starting the next year?

I used to do just that, especially around vacation. Have two hard days, one duty day where they couldn't use me, followed by vacation and the same at the end. Also set hard days around holidays with one or two duty days in between hard days to get the extended period off. The vacation gig may work, but not the back to back. Now hard days off are done two days consecutive with seven days between hard day periods, and done by seniority. If you are worried about the reserve, don't bid it. I believe the company will fill at least 10% from volunteers-some quite senior, like myself. Question is can junior pilots hold the reserve schedule. Time will tell.

I started in the month of Oct and was prorated one weeks' vacation. Bidding is in May for July-June annual period. Had two weeks the following year. You have to earn the vacation before you use it. After completing four years, you get three weeks vacation, which is actually more, as the 7/7 guys get 21 days off per one week vacation, and the reserve gets at least 15 days-more playing the hard day game. After your first year till completing 4 years service, you get two weeks. After ten years, 4 weeks.

Last edited:
Need 5 years service completed for 3 weeks vacation

Pervis said:
After completing four years, you get three weeks vacation, which is actually more, as the 7/7 guys get 21 days off per one week vacation, and the reserve gets at least 15 days-more playing the hard day game.

Completing 4 years service only entitles you to 2 calendar weeks of vacation.

You need 5 years of service completed to get 3 weeks of vacation. (NJA Contract, Section 8.2)

you ARE allowed to stack your 4 hard days together in one month. however, i highly doubt chop suey will let you use the last 4 of one month and the first 4 of the next month.

Latest resources

Back