• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reserve Conspiracy Theory

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Before anybody goes bashing on him, CFIse's post makes the most financial sense for the company.

If they could spread open flying amongst all the reserves such that all reserves fly 74:59 they'd do it; it costs them the least amount of money that way. When they can't do that because the pilot group is fat, it costs them in lost productivity (paying reserves more than they work them)...when they can't because the pilot group is too short, the cost changes to overtime for reserves.

Just think, it could always be worse...there were reserve FOs at AWAC that went nearly two months between assignments this past winter...

Just think, it could always be worse...there were reserve FOs at AWAC that went nearly two months between assignments this past winter...

I'm down in MCO and they haven't used me in over 3 weeks now. I'm happy to be sitting at home on reserve, but I couldn't imagine commuting to do this. The way it looks on our scheduling system, I really don't see them using me for a while. I'm on the top tier of reserves and there seems to be no open time until the end of June. I think I'm going to take up a second language.

Boiler, did you get a cat? I'll bet it will know more about our contract than I do!

OH! The poor cat....

Boiler, did you get a cat? I'll bet it will know more about our contract than I do!

OH! The poor cat....

Nah no cat...they're like babies, except with fur. And they bathe themselves. And can hunt food, which babies can't. Cats are serious business...but they also has a flavor.

Basically I'm on a "24" sabbatical because the finale sucked...

What did you (not) do re: contract?

Last edited:
Nothing, but you're my contract guru. That's all.

Are you saying you got a baby?! The rumour starts right here.

Latest resources

Back