• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reserve Component Commitments

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How did you get another unit to hire you? Quitting like that would have black-balled you in a bunch of units.

Well it obviously does not. Many people leave for many reasons. I left for mine. I know guys at the unit hiring me and they know why I left my previous one and had no problem with it. When you get a real flying job outside the military...you tell me if it works for you..if it does great...if it does not then it does not. I did my share of deployments so it was time to pursue my real job...does that clear it up a bit for you.

You're talking about RedDog. He was just bragging that he made 108K on 2nd year pay without per diem and how it would be beneficial for UAL to liquidate.

It's all ME, ME, ME with him.

your an idiot....it was part of a post asking about flying hours and credits.... I guess it is about me....and all the other guys who posted about hours and credits...I just did the math for those that did not want to do the research.....As for the United liquidate...re-read the post....It is a reality...it is me or him and I would rather it be him....if you disagree let me know

your an idiot....it was part of a post asking about flying hours and credits.... I guess it is about me....and all the other guys who posted about hours and credits...I just did the math for those that did not want to do the research.....As for the United liquidate...re-read the post....It is a reality...it is me or him and I would rather it be him....if you disagree let me know

Red Dog,

Go back and look at the thread about block hours and credit. 4 or 5 pages of people talking about how many hours they flew and not one mention of a dollar figure for the year. I just thought it was strange that you included a dollar figure and then added that it didn't even include per diem. It came across as bragging...if that makes me an idiot, then so be it.

I hope you enjoy your career at SWA. Its great that there are still a few good jobs to be had out there. ATA and UAL have been a bust for me. But as long as its me and not you...I guess everything is OK.

Red Dog,

Go back and look at the thread about block hours and credit. 4 or 5 pages of people talking about how many hours they flew and not one mention of a dollar figure for the year. I just thought it was strange that you included a dollar figure and then added that it didn't even include per diem. It came across as bragging...if that makes me an idiot, then so be it.

I hope you enjoy your career at SWA. Its great that there are still a few good jobs to be had out there. ATA and UAL have been a bust for me. But as long as its me and not you...I guess everything is OK.

Well when they say hours flown then credits...that is pay.....I just saved the hastle of anyone having to do the math....you can look at any of them find out the years there...equals pay rate times credit....equals pay for the year.

If you got offended too bad....I put it out there for people to know who are coming here...if you are not then you should not care...nobody bragging here...just putting facts out there....you need to lighten up a bit. sorry your choice of carriers did not work out for you...but dont get fussy with me

Sorry Mamma

They don't have a problem with mil reserves at Alaska, JBLU or SWA. At Alaska, despite management's many shortcomings, they treat mil reserves well. I hear SWA and JetBlue are pretty good to their mil reserves also.

Sorry mamma, but our JBLU guys get all kinds of flack for mil leave, dock in pay and a call from the CP if it is too short of notice. We even had one get told by his CP that "were not AA, or DAL where we have reserves built for military coverage, if you want to play in the military, go to another company". Granted he was still in his first year, but that comment from the CP over the phone really shook him up and did what it was intended to do, intimidate him into not doing military.
Not sure if they still do, but AA used to give credit for time on mil, and all our UAL, DAL, FEDEX and UPS pilots have no trouble getting mil leave, even short notice. We don't have an Alaska pilot, but JBLU was far from the military friendly company from my observations.

I pretty much knew what I was getting myself into and plan on keeping my personal and professional commitments...but that's just me.

Sorry mamma, but our JBLU guys get all kinds of flack for mil leave, dock in pay and a call from the CP if it is too short of notice. We even had one get told by his CP that "were not AA, or DAL where we have reserves built for military coverage, if you want to play in the military, go to another company". Granted he was still in his first year, but that comment from the CP over the phone really shook him up and did what it was intended to do, intimidate him into not doing military.
Not sure if they still do, but AA used to give credit for time on mil, and all our UAL, DAL, FEDEX and UPS pilots have no trouble getting mil leave, even short notice. We don't have an Alaska pilot, but JBLU was far from the military friendly company from my observations.

Time to invest in a tape recorder.

Latest resources

Back