Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

5ontheglide

The years of the Eer's!
Does anyone of the following have a long-call (12hour/24hour etc) call out in place! Specifically at XJT, AWAC, CHQ, Republic or Shuttle? Thanks for the help!

XJT does have a long call option; 12 hours. If you don't get the long call your response time is 2 hours.

OK, Explain!

XJT does have a long call option; 12 hours. If you don't get the long call your response time is 2 hours.

Does this mean if you don't get the call 12 hours prior, then you are on short call for the rest of the day?? Doesn't seem any different than getting a call early with no long/short call system.

Should be that you are on the long call roster until you are placed on the short call roster by seniority or an agreed upon means. You should be able to bid to be on either list or when the short call list gets low, you get added to the long call list in a pre determined order.

We (at ASA) tried to get Willy to go for this in 2000 and he said it would be to hard to manage. I gave him an excel spread sheet program that did it automatically and he still rejected it. He made a few comments and I quickly realized why he rejected it, pilots getting over!:rolleyes:

Tim47SIP said:

Does this mean if you don't get the call 12 hours prior, then you are on short call for the rest of the day?? Doesn't seem any different than getting a call early with no long/short call system.

Should be that you are on the long call roster until you are placed on the short call roster by seniority or an agreed upon means. You should be able to bid to be on either list or when the short call list gets low, you get added to the long call list in a pre determined order.

We (at ASA) tried to get Willy to go for this in 2000 and he said it would be to hard to manage. I gave him an excel spread sheet program that did it automatically and he still rejected it. He made a few comments and I quickly realized why he rejected it, pilots getting over!:rolleyes:

What he meant was that if you bid long call and couln't hold it on the monthly bid, you get a short call reserve line. Per the CBA, crew sched can convert you from long call to short call status for a block of reserve days. They are only able to do this twice in one bid period. Also, when being converted you must have 12 hours notice that you are being converted. Hope this clears up what you are asking.

More about ExpressJet Long Call Reserve;

Only 10 percent of the total resreve line per domocile will be long call.

On day one of your reserve days, they can't make you show before 12 pm. On your last day, if you don't get called by 12 pm you are automatically released to days off.

Long call is first to be used. This blows, sort of. When all the open time is assinged for the next day (this is done in the afternoon) if there are no open trips, guess who gets called for the airport standby sits? This usually happens on your first day. So basically, you can't sit home (if you commute). It can be good because you will be given an afternoon or evening standby sit. You will have plenty of time to commute in on day one. In can suck in this way, long call, per CBA are first to get used. So in the evening when everbody starts calling in sick for their trips the next day, long call won't get them, they have already been assinged airport standby.

The long call (12 hours) isn't so much that as it is a 12 hour notification. Ex; you block in from an assingment at 445 pm with a 5pm duty off. At 455 you get a call from schd telling you you have a 5 am show the next day. It's legal, you get your required domicile rest (11 hrs per our CBA) and schd gave you 12 hrs notificatian.

The way it was negotiated in the CBA is a little weak. Guys bid it thinking they will get to sit at home (commuters), if it works great, but don't count on it. When I did it (I commute), I got to sit home only one day of it.

If you guys at ASA are going to try and get it, make sure you negotiate that long call will be used last. This way you can stay home (if you commute).

Latest resources

Back