Reserve at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bronco Buster

At this point in time, how long are new hires having to sit reserve. Are there enough folks bidding reserve, so that a new hire could hope to get off reserve and on a 7x7 schedule in less than 6 months. I am particularly interested in the situation at CMH and TEB. Thanks in advance.

7/7 is the default schedule. the only way a new hire would get reserve is if he bid it and was senior enough to hold it or was involuntarily assigned due to the minimum requirement not being met by more senior pilots in the seat/fleet. i think the ultra and or encore had some involuntarily assigned guys last time. domicile has nothing to do with which schedule you get.

also, a new hire is reserve until he is released to IOE (if that's what you meant?). so if you get awarded a 7/7 line, it's there waiting for your once you are released to IOE. that amount of time varies by fleet.

Let's put a major misconception to rest. Reserve at NJA is not reserve at the airlines. All it means is you may work up to 18 days per month and don't know what the next month holds for schedule, except the 4 guaranteed days off that you can set. CRC tells you what days you're on for the month. Works great for me, and I am very senior. All my kids are grown and gone, and I don't have a clue whta't happening next week much less next year. Most of those I know on reserve are also very senior-at least in my fleet. Ways exist to make the most of it.

Actually when they split the Encore/Ultra fleet EVERY single fo bid the reserve, they had to force people onto the 7n7. I think with the exception of one fleet (can't remember which one or if PIC or SIC) that the only fleets that are forcing people onto the reserve is the dying fleets like the 7 which are not open to new hires anyway.

Let's put a major misconception to rest. Reserve at NJA is not reserve at the airlines. All it means is you may work up to 18 days per month and don't know what the next month holds for schedule, except the 4 guaranteed days off that you can set. CRC tells you what days you're on for the month. Works great for me, and I am very senior. All my kids are grown and gone, and I don't have a clue whta't happening next week much less next year. Most of those I know on reserve are also very senior-at least in my fleet. Ways exist to make the most of it.

Gosh your not kidding. I am in the top 10% for my plane and work on avg 15 days a month. I have had two 28 day vacations which is possible on the RSV with placement of "H" days. Since 2006 began, I have only worked ONE 18 day month. Not bad for 16K more a year.

Latest resources

Back