• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

'Rescued' Citi Buying $50m Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Citi. That's the company who just "changed their policy" and jacked up the rate on my card by a multiple of 2.4 as thanks for paying all my bills on time. That's MULTIPLE, not percent. Did they find out I got laid off from my great corporate gig?

Fine, I'll just pay it off from my emergency fund or severance package... They could have milked me forever at the lower rate. They can't have my money anymore and I don't want theirs.
Why would you carry credit card balances anyways?

That was my "education" card. After my GI bill ran out I used it to pay for my last few classes. It was also the "copay" card for my wife's breast cancer. I'm sorry I didn't pay the Citi card off, I'm just another dumb American who keeps a balance. That great coprorate gig I got laid off from was the second great corporate gig I got laid off from in 13 months.

The balance wasn't huge anyway, certainly enough to be annoying though. Is that a good enough reason?

Bash the media all you want - this is a home-run story for any news outlet and you'll likely see more in the future.

The core of the story is fact, and buying a $50 million jet when you've received billions in taxpayer-funded bailouts is guaranteed to make you look bad, especially when John Q. Public's life is collapsing around him.

How is this different from DAL pilots putting stickers of Leo Mullin on their flight bags saying "my CEO makes $30,000/day and he wants ME to take a pay cut?" It's about the disparity between them and us.

As for the arguments as to how valuable the CEO's time is, do they really need a state-of-the-art jet? And how much do you think they're going to sell the old ones for, in this market?

I feel bad for the Ford/GM flight departments, but were those flight departments solely large-cabin Gulfstreams? What, they can't suffer riding a King Air for the short-haul stuff?

captainv said:
I feel bad for the Ford/GM flight departments, but were those flight departments solely large-cabin Gulfstreams? What, they can't suffer riding a King Air for the short-haul stuff?

GM operated Gulfstreams exclusively...Ford had a mix of fleet types.

There's much to be said about the efficiencies and economies of scale derived from a single fleet of G350s and GVs, compared to a mixed fleet of Citations, Falcons, King Airs, Hawkers, and Gulfstreams.

So.....if the CEO gives himself a $50 million bonus then he's an a-hole, but if he buys a $50 million jet then that's ok? I'm confused.

Carrying a balance on a credit card while making regular, on time payments positively effects your credit score. It's not about how fast you pay something off, it's about consistently paying something off.

Carrying a balance on a credit card while making regular, on time payments positively effects your credit score. It's not about how fast you pay something off, it's about consistently paying something off.
I guess so, I have just never talked to someone who had ever carried a credit card balance. It was just a question.

if you asked me this question i'd tell you to mind your f.......ing business.

You are right but I did put my business out there. I think the dude with the bikini avatar probably just made a flip remark and didn't think about walking in someone else's shoes. No prob here...

Not to hijack the thread anymore. I'm with On Your Six on this one. Well said.

Latest resources

Back