• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Rescue helicoper crashes in New Orleans.

redd

They're saying both pilots got out safely, and that it's a Coast Guard heli.

MJG

Total Time
7000+
Thank God the crew apparently walked away. Kinda knew it was only a matter of time with the amount of chopper ops taking place down there. They are doing incredibly dangerous work and I hope we don't see more of these accidents.

Know my chopper types pretty well but I can't figure out what this one is. Looks like it's CG. All CG orange with tricycle retracts. Kinda looks like a SuperPuma. It's not an HH-60 or HH-65.

MJG

Total Time
7000+
Ahh...been confirmed now that it's not Coast Guard, appears to be a civilian operated SuperPuma, though I didn't see an N number on it.

Last edited:

redd

Correction, now they're sayin it's a civilian rescue helo op.

JimG

Total Time
MJG said:
Thank God the crew apparently walked away. Kinda knew it was only a matter of time with the amount of chopper ops taking place down there. They are doing incredibly dangerous work and I hope we don't see more of these accidents.

Watching the massive airlift out of the convention center yesterday was an amazing sight....and a marvel of "know how" in the coordination and execution.

I told my wife hours of planning and briefings had to go into that thing. I wonder how much sleep those pilots got the night before.

olypilot

Total Time
With the door in the back, looked like a S-61R, had a yellow N number, but couldn't read it.

Air 1

Total Time
a few
I just caught the N number off of an aerial view of the chopper. N330CC Looks like it belongs to Sky Cats Puma Corp out of Lakeview, Oregon.