Requesting avg. King Air 350 Perf. Numbers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

brvopilot

I am in the process of putting some numbers together for my boss for a new King Air 350. I have the "official" information but have a couple of questions to those who operate it

1) What is a reasonable length you could fly round trip without having to refuel at an outpost? If we topped it off leaving base at what distance do you have to get fuel to return (avg. weather, winds, etc) Just a ball park

2) What do most p91 operators use for rule-of-thumb field lenth? "Even on a nice day I don't go into any shorter than X,XXX'"

3) Our average leg length seems to be about 400 miles. What is the realistic average fuel burn for 400 miles in a new King Air 350 and at what altitude would you plan that out?

Again, just want some ball park numbers for what is reasonable and practical from an operator's perspective.

Thanks in advance.

Why do you want a 350 with only 400 mile average stage length's?

Look at the 200 GTI

You'll save your boss a lot of $$ and still get the job done. Also no Type rating required.

The 400 mile stage lengths are our average trip. The longer ones (900 miles - 1500 miles) is when we usually take 6+ pax which is why he wants the 350. I'm just trying to figure out the max. we can round trip it without refueling.

Haven't flown one for a few years but if I recall correctly you will not have any issues going roundtrip at 400nm. 110 gallons per hour. 290 to 300 true. Carries six paxs with bags very comfortably. I used 3500 ft runway limit but it can do shorter if not heavy or hot day. Could make BZN from ORL with one stop on the worst of days. Boss still speaks fondly of the one we had.
Good luck.

I appreciate all the information and replies. One last clarification question:

What do you think the MAX roundtrip we could go without having to refuel. Could we make it to a destination 650 miles away, turn around, and not have to get fuel (good weather, average winds, etc.) ?

I operate a new proline 21 350. Here is some of the numbers I have noticed:
1.TAS 290-315kts
2. Best operating alt. 24k to 29k depending on winds
3. We fill 8 seats plus 2 crew full fuel and bags, and go 659 nm. On this trip we burned 2211 lbs. We hold 3611 lbs. SO not sure you could do this round trip without fueling.
90% of our trips are 400-700nm.
PM me and I can give you more numbers.

Overall great aircraft, 100% dispatch rate.

Fblowjets

Try using the performance profile at fltplan.com. Although we have a 300, I use the 350 profile there and it works out well.

On longer trips, more that an hour or so, the actual 300 numbers are better than the 350 profile but not by much.

Latest resources

Back