Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JRSLim

Executive Freightdawg
I am finally going to invest in a set of ANRs so I can stop wearing painful earplugs. I have owned a pair of DC H20-10s for six years - really love the headsets and love the feel - really wish a magic genie could just make them ANR.
I was thinking of the X-11-- I like the idea of lightweight and the lower headband since I am 6' feet and bang my headset on the roof sometimes, but am concerned and turned off by the fact that there is no Passive noise reduction. Also some reviews I read talked about noise on takeoff are a concern.
Because of that I am pretty much decided in buying a set of H20-10XLs so that I get the ANR (ENC) and keep the PNR and design I like, but wanted to make one last check for opinions on the X11s - if the reviews about noise on takeoff etc are unfounded, I might just invest in the X11s.
Thanks for any info. Also - I fly single and twin recips 5-7 hours a day and am not interested in considering lightspeed etc. Plus, I am not concerned about the cell phone adapter either - just the quality of the ANR (and comfort)

Thanks!

Last edited:
A magic genie will make them ANR, for a price.

DC will upgrade your headset... but it's probably better to just buy a new one.

A magic genie will make them ANR, for a price.

DC will upgrade your headset... but it's probably better to just buy a new one.

Yeah, I called them and was told it would cost about the same in the end - and even if DC does the work, I don't want a 'frankenstein'.

I didn't know magic genies came at a price, there's a whole lotta fantasies I'd be willing to pay for....

Thanks!

I am finally going to invest in a set of ANRs so I can stop wearing painful earplugs. I have owned a pair of DC H20-10s for six years - really love the headsets and love the feel - really wish a magic genie could just make them ANR.
I was thinking of the X-11-- I like the idea of lightweight and the lower headband since I am 6' feet and bang my headset on the roof sometimes, but am concerned and turned off by the fact that there is no Passive noise reduction. Also some reviews I read talked about noise on takeoff are a concern.
Because of that I am pretty much decided in buying a set of H20-10XLs so that I get the ANR (ENC) and keep the PNR and design I like, but wanted to make one last check for opinions on the X11s - if the reviews about noise on takeoff etc are unfounded, I might just invest in the X11s.
Thanks for any info. Also - I fly single and twin recips 5-7 hours a day and am not interested in considering lightspeed etc. Plus, I am not concerned about the cell phone adapter either - just the quality of the ANR (and comfort)

Thanks!

I bought my H20-10X off of ebay a few years ago for $350, so I'd definitely check them out to see if you can find any good deals. I then sold it for a profit, for a Bose.:D I've only known two people with the X11's so far, and they liked them. Not sure how they stack up against any other set, though.

I bought my H20-10X off of ebay a few years ago for $350, so I'd definitely check them out to see if you can find any good deals. I then sold it for a profit, for a Bose.:D I've only known two people with the X11's so far, and they liked them. Not sure how they stack up against any other set, though.

Good info - thanks! Not too concerned about how they stack up, but if they work like they are supposd too, then I would be happy.

I haven't used them, but they still have those aweful plastic ear seals, and to me they don't look very comfortable. The MP3/ cell phone interface is a nice feature though, but I just bought sporties headset compainion to go with my Bose so I can listen to tunes.

I saw on a few other boards about people who were not overly impressed with the X11, probably the same issue with noise due to not sealing very well. 'course I can't find that thread now, I think it was on aopa.com.
You could upgrade your present DCs with the Headsets, Inc. kit (http://www.headsetsinc.com/). It would be ~200 if you get the combination cable (rather than the basic setup which uses a separate cable for the ANR power box). Not sure how that compares to having DC do their upgrade.

Latest resources

Back