Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Roomwithaview

Ladies and Gentleman

When it comes to this puppy we're all in it together.

Implementation is fast approaching. I don't know about your unions and your company's but I would very much appreciate any and all information that's being passed along regarding this new reg to be posted here so we all can sing from the same sheet of music.

Our union (swapa) and our company (swa) are giving us nothing except threats of deadlines for compliance.

I would like to know if any groups are considering a waiver for an extension, or if any groups have tentative deals in place and what they are and more specifically what the "vibe" is regarding a win or a loss.

thanks,

RAV

Anyone?

I think AS is going to start creating schedules based on the new regs this summer. We're in contract talks, so Scheduling section is up for change anyway.

This is the only thing I have seen to date from ExpressJet. No surprise they were given 2 years to get it figured out and 10 months away have nothing.

"We’re still working with our software providers, and we don't yet have the new rules, but we are starting to work on our pairings and see what that’s going to do with our staffing. I would anticipate that we’ll have more information after the endof the summer on what the impact will be, so that’s a work in progress"

The new rest regulations are a classic example of dorking up something that should have been pretty simple. And they won't reduce fatigue, either.

Cool all.

Thanks for giving me your info. It seems this mirrors our state of affairs as well.

I'm curious on the push until january comment. I think January is when it has to be implemented.

When I get our specifics I will post them as well. I know that our BOD has stated that they want it to be done and implemented by April of this year.

Would appreciate any and all updates to progress and/or proposed changes to contractual work rules.

Also, if anyone is aware of any of the airlines having applied for waivers to the January deadline.

RAV

The FAA just put out their first interpretation of the rules in repsonse to questions asked by airlines and pilot groups.

IMHO, the FAA interpretations are amazingly strict.

No legal to start, legal to finish. "Legal for flight" means legal at the start of takeoff, NOT block out...so if you have an unexpected delay on taxi out, back to the gate you go if you see you're going to run out of duty period. Trips are going to have to be planned VERY conservatively.

Once on the ground, you're a pumkin. If you divert, and you're out of duty, you're done and the plane sits.

VERY little in the way of extensions. Really the only flex is up to the PIC, and if he says no, then the train stops.

You have ZERO obligation to the company during rest for ANYTHING. If scheduling calls you during rest, it's up to you to decide to reset the clock.

Some operators asked if they could start 117 early, and the FAA said "sure, as long as you also comply with the current FTDT rules."

For operators with decent work rules, 117 probably doesn't mean much. Probably a few hundred bodies at most. For operators that use scheduled reduced rest and legal to start/legal to finish to maintain schedule integrity...well, good luck with that.

Nu

Two words..."uninteded consequences". I heard from a cp at Alaska they'll make us 'more efficient' and will lead to more TAFB...

Mookie

Yep, more days away as you divert last day of trip because that's when you always divert, then pumpkin out at alternate, sit overnight, most likely for free, and then DH home next day. Can't wait to hear the flying publics outrage when diverted to,an offline alternate and are stuck in Casper Wy for a night.

Latest resources

Back