Requal after medical leave, missed recurrent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

trachyte11

I'm looking for some input from anyone with experience with this (and probably plenty from those with none). I've been on medical leave for some time now. Good news is I got the medical back from the FAA. I'm looking to get some info before I start working with the company to come back.

My annual (i'm an fo at skw) is in July. I was on leave and did not complete recurrent during the window: June-August. I technically have 3 landings in the past 85 days. I didn't get a straight from my chief. I'm under the impression that I need to go through the entire ground/sim or a customized version to requalify. Anyone know what I'm looking at to back online?

What do you mean "you didn't get a straight from the chief"? What does your GOM say?

Do you participate in AQP over there? I was in a similar situation a little over a year ago. However, our company had recently implemented AQP and I hadn't gone through it yet so when I returned to work I had to do a 441 Requal Ride. The 441 was required, because I wasn't current in the aircraft after being out for a year. If I was current and already implemented into the AQP program I would have just had to complete a quick SIM with a few approaches and a some landings, but I wasn't so I go the full 441 checkride followed by an LOE in the SIM.

I didn't have to go through ground school again. It is my understanding that if you miss a recurrent ground that you will be put into one before you return to the line. The SIM portion will be put together by your Flight Training department.

My advice would be to contact your training department. They will tell you exactly what the footprint is. Don't worry, they won't bite.

Hope this helps

Yeah, I finally got a response from someone at HQ who knows what they were talking about. I guess technically my last day of ground was in Aug '06. So, recurrent ground expires at the end of Sept. I gotta go fly and do 3 landings in the next 4 days (I'm at day 86 off right now). Transition training the beginning October. They're giving me the option to pass on recurrent ground/sim since all I need is to be available (reserve) the rest of September. Reserve guarantee is better than what I was getting before.. I'm taking this one and running with it. Haven't cracked the books in a while. :beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back