Republic's E170s Replacing GO!'s Mainline Flying! WTF!

rightseatjocky

GO PADRES
Total Time
OMG
This is just like the last thread with RAH flying for Midwest..
I said what I thought about it, no comment for Go!!!

rightseatjocky

GO PADRES
Total Time
Sure wouldn't.....
Good point!!!

CoATP

Total Time
10k+
Okay Mesa Express (read Republic) will do its flying. This makes sense only if it costs less. How can anyone cost less than Mesa?

SF340Guy

Total Time
+8000
If the rumors are correct, this flying will have nothing to do with Go!. Go! express, Mokulele Air, will ditch Go!, and become Republic Express, or Republic will become Mokulele Mainline, or, well whatever, you get it.

414Flyer

Down with Chemtrails!
Total Time
And I remember when Kawehi had Mokuele with a single C-172

relief tube

Total Time
Go! in the same sentence as "mainline".....priceless

Poahi

Total Time
Okay Mesa Express (read Republic) will do its flying. This makes sense only if it costs less. How can anyone cost less than Mesa?
Depending on how the operation is run, the E170 can have a lower cost per flight than the CRJ. It may even be lower than the 717, but there is no connection between Mesa and this Republic/Mokulele deal. If they operate two airplanes, they will never make it. I am sure there is more to the story, but it looks like we're going to have to wait for more news.

baune

Total Time
what if Republic was finally the one to take on mesa in Hawaii, put the nail in the coffin and destroy the only profitable operation mesa has and finally they would die...

go!ng for broke

Banned
I love to duck!
Total Time
what if Republic was finally the one to take on mesa in Hawaii, put the nail in the coffin and destroy the only profitable operation mesa has and finally they would die...

Go! is not and never has made money!!

WSurf

The Smack Down!
Total Time
Hello! Mesa's Go is losing millions of dollars each quarter. There's no Profitable Operation at Mesa right now.

I wouldn't wanna go to Hawaii and live on FO and FA's salaries. Hell, you can barely live in the continental US on those wages!