• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republics E170 Operation Out of Hawaiiy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Forget him King... he is just stuck at his go no where fast fancy prop job at PDT.

But he had the nutz to stick around through CQ, instead of bailing out of fear... How many on your list are guilty of that? You aren't the panic-kid, are ya? Or maybe the one who called ops on the missed in IPT, with the captain AGAIN going single pilot?

For someone with such disdain for Piedmont, you sure keep tabs on our situation.

Forget him King... he is just stuck at his go no where fast fancy prop job at PDT.

Agreed. Mainline folks are miserable and surly, same for the two wholly owned stepchildren. There should be flow through, they deserve each other. Just an objective observation. . .

Lets see it went very junior. Lines are 8 legs/day. Mostly HNL-KOA or HNL - LIH. Start Maui Feb1. No living stipend. I sit reserve by choice haven't flown yet...

hope that helps

Last time I checked we get paid by the minute. I don't wanna to go anywhere fast!

Now go out there and get a good contract and better pay on that equipment and make us all proud!!

Well Surf knowing our MEC we will prob end up with a contract like Mesa... Sucks but so does our MEC

Thanks Thowe21,

After years of flying in the cold Midwest I can't help but wonder what it would be like to fly in paradise for a few years (i'd bid it for a year if I had the option - different airline). I guess 8 sectors per day would get old even in paradise. At least the Mercury and Mesa pilots get the option of bidding it for awhile.

Anyone know if Hawaiian will be hiring in 09?

Last edited:
No slight meant to you guys, but I buy tickets on Midwest for their terrific inflight service and their Signature seats. You're just not going to get either on an RJ, which might explain the low load factors.

That doesn't explain the load factors. 99.9% of passengers don't make decisions about who they will fly based on if they are flying on a mainline jet or a regional jet (although the frequent fliers would much prefer a comfortable jet over the cramped 50 seaters). Passengers make ticket purchases based on price, frequent-flier programs, or bundled deals on a vacation package.

Midwest load factors have been in the tank all last year - hence their financial problems. Regional flying has nothing to do with their financial woes.

Latest resources

Back