• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you hear the new VP of labor relations at RAH is a known union buster???
Yeah, I loved reading his bio on the company website.... "Previous experience negotiating various airline contracts...." Sweet!!! The best part was the other day when we had the newhire union meeting, and we aksed the union rep what the union was doing to get ready for negotiations, and she pretty much said the union hasn't even hired legal help yet... Its not very reassuring when you hear a union rep say they are expecting a couple of years of contract talks and not really looking for much of a pay raise!!! Oh "but don't forget to sign your dues check off" have a great day...

You do know how long ASA has been in contract negotiations, right?

So by your logic, since ASA mgt. has managed to stall their contract talks, its ok for Republic to do the same??? Come on, that's BS.... flying without a contract shouldn't be allowed. So since Mesa pays dirt to fly the erj, should Republic do the same thing and we be ok with it?

*sigh* no, that is not my logic.

My logic is that given recent events, a couple years worth of negotiations is not out of the realm of possibility. What should be allowed and what is allowed by the RLA are two very different things. Sounds to me like your rep was simply being honest with you.

Would you rather her have told you there'd be a new contract in less than 90 days with a 40% raise, FOs paid 60% of CA pay, 5hr min day pay, trip and duty rigs, 13 days off, BCBS insurance and Cespedes would get canned?

new hire bases?

The last day of my 5 day trip is only a one leg back to DCA, should be back in dc around 930AM

Hey anyone know where they are sending most of the new hires that are just finishing training? How likely is it someone ends up in DEN?

Would you rather her have told you there'd be a new contract in less than 90 days with a 40% raise, FOs paid 60% of CA pay, 5hr min day pay, trip and duty rigs, 13 days off, BCBS insurance and Cespedes would get canned?

Hey, don't kill the dream.

Hey anyone know where they are sending most of the new hires that are just finishing training? How likely is it someone ends up in DEN?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back