• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic/Shuttle America to operate 30 170/175's for Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like Delta got a last minute, better offer. Rather than buying 12 new airplanes for CP... they can now just get 6 of them used from RAH.

Shrewd.

Last edited:
How long is that contract?? Forever? Regional airlines are, and always have been interchangeable outsource providers. Your growth comes at another carriers expense. Like a parasite really. Enjoy it while it lasts........................

How long is that contract?? Forever? Regional airlines are, and always have been interchangeable outsource providers. Your growth comes at another carriers expense. Like a parasite really. Enjoy it while it lasts........................

What the hell is with this type of statement? So many of the mainline guys on here talk to us like we are purposefully taking their jobs and will be super pissed if they take the flying back. Like it has been said before, just shut up and take the damn flying back. WE WANT YOU TO TAKE THE FLYING BACK!!!! DO IIIIIIITTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, there are still limits on Delta scope. Delta is almost at the cap for 70/76 seaters, and everyone expected Delta to use every one of them that they were allowed. But, there is a limit. If Frontier dies, so will Republic, and it don't look good for them in DEN these days. It actually proves that even 70 or 76 seaters don't do well with higher oil, not just 50 seaters and below.

OYS

You don't have a limit on domestic code share. What if they just change what they call it? You already have Alaska operating your west coast operations, Midwest/Frontier will become your Midwest operations,and westjet will be your Canadian operations. If you guys are not careful, Delta will just be a ticketing/twin-aisle operation.

What the hell is with this type of statement? So many of the mainline guys on here talk to us like we are purposefully taking their jobs and will be super pissed if they take the flying back. Like it has been said before, just shut up and take the damn flying back. WE WANT YOU TO TAKE THE FLYING BACK!!!! DO IIIIIIITTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

Maybe someone can make a slide show for them?

While bryan's busy making sandwiches, SWA is eating his lunch.

You're right! SWA is eating his lunch. But what I am saying is, that BB has options and he's decided to draw down branded to regroup, all the while putting less fuel efficient aircraft from his operation to another. I sincerely believe there is a lot going on behind the scenes. I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist, but let's look at the facts. Time and time again, against all rational reasoning, BB has placed more aircraft with Delta. It's no secret that BB has close ties with Delta and regularly meets with them for "dinner." (That's a quote straight from him) It's my opinion that Frontier is a tool of Delta. It would seem to me that Delta wants to keep SWA/AAI busy in DEN while Delta prepares for war in ATL. Just my 2 cents.

I wouldn't doubt that theory. Throughout airline history, major airlines have used regional airlines like a tool to manipulate against competition. When they are done "manipulating", the regionals are tossed aside like a used rag. There's always a fresh supply of new fresh rags at cheaper rates.

The major/regional job cycle has to stop. Brand scope with one contract is a possible solution.

Looks like RAH branded ops isn't doing well.

They "say" the branded side lost $51M in the first quarter. But somehow the amount of cash in the bank keeps going up, and the debt keeps going down. Granted the fixed fee side made $19M. Still doesn't add up though.

They wouldn't want to show a profit when the union just filed for contract mediation.

Latest resources

Back