• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic selling, who's buying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ohhhh Nooooo You Did'nt. SSSSHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!! You will jinx it. Last time we spoke well of our prospects here I believe it was the 2nd or 3rd day of class. You remember what was announced like 5 days later don't ya ? It has been nothing but one big party ever since.

I don't know where you've been, but it is like a big party while I sit reserve. Sitting around the Red Neck Yacht Club on the lake while never getting called isn't bad at all. (Except being sober on the boat kind of sucks........) Come on down to CLT and you can sit around with my neighbors and I on the dock. It hardly seems like work. (Again, except for the no drinking while on reserve thing...).

Your right things are definitely better since our return from our little siesta courtesy of the age 65 announcement. I will eventually get down to Lake B Scale for a beer or two or three. While it does sound nice hanging on the dock sitting reserve at home doesn't exactly suck either.

Your right things are definitely better since our return from our little siesta courtesy of the age 65 announcement. I will eventually get down to Lake B Scale for a beer or two or three. While it does sound nice hanging on the dock sitting reserve at home doesn't exactly suck either.

Baaaahhhhhh.... Being home more than 11 days a month is over-rated. I mean jeeze you have to do all the things on the honey-do list that she accumulated over 2 years of having no money... It's far better to sit on the dock watching my red-neck brothers drinking beer at 8:00 in the morning... Who needs a new contract when we have this dream life? :D

Hey Bad-Andy,

Is sitting around watching rednecks drink any worse than sitting around drinking prison hootch in the sandbox? I'm gonna be imbibing heavily the rest of my life to kill those memory braincells!

Lake B Scale

The B Scale lake would have been a step up for me. I was stuck in Gastonia and had the South Fork River.

We were barred from even going near the "hired prior to 1985 lake" to the north.

In fact I was told CLT ATC was advised not to vector any 190's over the "big lake" on VFR days for fear we "have nots" may look down and see the spread that the "haves" got.

Last edited:
Nope. The slots used by UsAir /170s etc. are owned by RAH due to one of the UsAir bankruptcies, and THEY are for sale back to UsAir. The Frontier slots aren't for sale & we are trying to get more.

Who is trying to get more slots? Frontier? How, with what money? Your sure frontier slots are not for sale?

Who is trying to get more slots? Frontier? How, with what money? Your sure frontier slots are not for sale?
Yup. I'm sure. Whether we get any more slots, I don't know.
http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/gene...er Survival Plan Could Include E190 Deferrals

In another potential cash-raising effort, Bedford says Republic could sell its slot holdings at Washington Reagan National Airport to US Airways to raise about $50 million. Republic holds 113 commuter slots at National under a financing deal with US Airways, with Republic using the slots to provide US Airways Express service on a fee-for-service basis.

Yup. I'm sure. Whether we get any more slots, I don't know.
http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/gene...er Survival Plan Could Include E190 Deferrals

In another potential cash-raising effort, Bedford says Republic could sell its slot holdings at Washington Reagan National Airport to US Airways to raise about $50 million. Republic holds 113 commuter slots at National under a financing deal with US Airways, with Republic using the slots to provide US Airways Express service on a fee-for-service basis.

From the article, they present the business plan to the board tomorrow Nov. 2nd, and are likely to discuss the plan during their 3rd qtr conference call Nov. 8th. So there should be some more definitive news shortly.

Latest resources

Back