• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic seeking incentives???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The perfect excuse....to move ..DIA didn't give us what we wanted...when all along...he planned on moving the ops to INDY

The move mat have been planned all along, but don't think that a move is cheap. Not only does the move itself cost money, but it'll also affect the company's productivity for quite some time because many of the employees' lives have been severely altered. I believe that BB is bluffing and hoping for DIA officials to blink.

Not a lawyer but if DIA gives incentives to one airline do they also have to provide the same to other airlines? This from a Denver newspaper.
Depends on if they have an agreement with any of the other tenants. Delta has in it's agreement with the Kenton County Airport Board(CVG) that if it offers incentives to other tenant airlines or prospective airline tenants, it must offer the same to Delta. That is why they can't attract new or low cost carriers into CVG.

If Repbulic moves then SW would be a huge winner. They save 170 mil and still get rid of the competition in Denver. Unfortunately for SW I think this is a total bluff. Denver is very expensive to operate at and BB is trying to take advantage of being in BK to lower them. Nothing new there.

Not a lawyer but if DIA gives incentives to one airline do they also have to provide the same to other airlines?

Ask Frontier. It is my understanding the UAL managed to work a deal with DIA during BK as would be expected. I believe F9 then asked for relief of their own (prior to BK) and was told to pound sand. Chances are pretty good LUV got some luvin from Denver when they reentered the market.

Latest resources

Back