Republic Questions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LyodChristmas

Thinking about applying and just had a few question.

What can you expect to bring home per month on first year pay?
I know I can look at airline pilot central, I want to know how well you do with credit time etc....

Do you have the ability to trip trade and if so is it "live" or through a crew scehduler that decided whether to approve it or not based on how they are feeling that day?

Is it easy to get certain days off if you need them for wedding or whatever?

How are the hotels?

What do you like / dislike about the company?

Thanks

Thinking about applying and just had a few question.

What can you expect to bring home per month on first year pay?
I know I can look at airline pilot central, I want to know how well you do with credit time etc....

Do you have the ability to trip trade and if so is it "live" or through a crew scehduler that decided whether to approve it or not based on how they are feeling that day?

Is it easy to get certain days off if you need them for wedding or whatever?

How are the hotels?

What do you like / dislike about the company?

Thanks

I'm furloughed XJ - whilst we have our problems here, they stem mainly from crew shortages (everyone has them) and JC (head of scheduling), who is a dirtbag! The crews are great, the hotels are pretty good, the union is working hard to improve our QOL in the next contract. No junior manning.
Upgrade is consistently around the 2 year mark (take it for what it is). Multiple bases. Growing like crazy, includes growing pains. I never look at my monthly earnings, as I might cry!!! First year pay sucks, second is better, then most hope for an upgrade. Min schedule is around 82-85 hours/month, but if you're on reserve, you'll have 30/7 problems all the time and will credit around 100+/month (I say credit). Trip trades, etc must go thru scheduling (JC). Getting a day off depends on many things, your seniority in base, etc.. - I haven't had a problem, except at the holidays.

I like here, relatively speaking, until I can move on/upgrade then move on. Alot of guys leaving, very few "lifers" - the list moves quickly. You're CRJ current, you are in the driving seat - if you choose to come here, nail down the terms of this "bonus" - pm me if you want further.

Mr. Christmas,
I too was a Bluestreaker and jumped to the darkside. So far it's been a great decision. It's a beautiful thing to have hope again. If you have Q's PM me.

Latest resources

Back