Republic Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OldManPilot said:
If hired at CHQ you will only be able to shift to the E170 as an upgrade. You can only switch aircraft as long as it is a pay raise. (easiest way to think about it)

you could go E170 F/O to E145 CA to E170 CA... but remember 2 yr seat lock on upgrade.

hope this helps answer your question

Thanks for answering my question. When will you know what AC you will be on ???? If I where to fly the 170 could I hold IND or ORD fairly quickly or the 145 in STL???

Getting paid 22k sucks but I'd save a few dollars to drive to IND or ORD or STL instead of commuting by air to the east coast. I've commuted for a long time, luckily I've been a line holder, the cost of commuting does add up. Just asking questions in case I have to start over again.

Can we please keep the peanut gallery to a min. Its getting old reading 10 jack a$$ posts to find the answer to a simple question.

Peace
Rico

you will interview for RAH, and then if selected for the pool, they will call you with a class date for either Chautauqua, Shuttle, or Republic. It's really a crap shoot as to who gets the call for what. You can turn down the first offer I believe, and hold out for another certificate, but I wouldn't make a habit out of that. DOH seniority means more to me than a/c type in the long run, but basing options are always something to look at. Good Luck

A few things I've observed. Seniority is the most important. Aircraft types don't matter since pay rates are the same for FOs. Bases change so don't try to choose one over another due to location of domicles. If you're coming here just for a quick upgrade, I would take a step back and reevaulate since I've never seen upgrade times stay constant. If you think you can get a 1000 PIC and then your out the door, then you really need to take a step back. Other than that, the pilot force overall is great and you'll have a good time. If you
think you could spend the rest of your career here, then it's probably a good choice, otherwise I would go back to the beginning and reread.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back