• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

What is the status with Republic.

I have been offered an interview; and are wondering
what the situation is with CHQ pilots and Republic
crossbidding and uppgrade for those of us that have
been around the block a few times now and have
plenty of time to take the left seat????

And yes this is a serious question.

Thanks to all that can shed some light on the situation.

All pilots that fly on the Republic certificate are on the Chautauqua pilot seniority list. Anyone that gets hired at CHQ, Republic, or Shuttle America will be on the same list (Chautauqua). The original Saab Shuttle guys and Mid-Atlantic guys are a different story all together. Do a search.

The F/O pay rates are not good at all. They are the same as the 50 seat F/O rates, and even those are not good. If you have been on this board for any period of time you would have figured that out. CA rates also suck, but at least they are not the same as our 50 seat rates. Our contract is CA heavy, but we start negotiating 1 year from now.

Upgrades for CHQ/shuttle/Republic are done from the master CHQ list. Crossbidding should be a reality in the near future, so I beleive if you were hired at Republic, you would still be able to get CHQ CA slot when seniortiy would allow it.

99 out of 100 posts on this board are about how much CHQ sucks. Also, there are some newer CHQ guys on here that are horrible representatives of CHQ.
Dont believe any of them. Its not as good as Comair or Express Jet, but not quite a company like Mesa, Pinnacle or Trans States. Try to look past the negative comments and form your own opinion. Good Luck.

Chip said:
All pilots that fly on the Republic certificate are on the Chautauqua pilot seniority list. Anyone that gets hired at CHQ, Republic, or Shuttle America will be on the same list (Chautauqua). The original Saab Shuttle guys and Mid-Atlantic guys are a different story all together. Do a search.

The F/O pay rates are not good at all. They are the same as the 50 seat F/O rates, and even those are not good. If you have been on this board for any period of time you would have figured that out. CA rates also suck, but at least they are not the same as our 50 seat rates. Our contract is CA heavy, but we start negotiating 1 year from now.

Upgrades for CHQ/shuttle/Republic are done from the master CHQ list. Crossbidding should be a reality in the near future, so I beleive if you were hired at Republic, you would still be able to get CHQ CA slot when seniortiy would allow it.

99 out of 100 posts on this board are about how much CHQ sucks. Also, there are some newer CHQ guys on here that are horrible representatives of CHQ.
Dont believe any of them. Its not as good as Comair or Express Jet, but not quite a company like Mesa, Pinnacle or Trans States. Try to look past the negative comments and form your own opinion. Good Luck.

What a refreshing post to read!! Now Chip sounds like someone I could sit down and have a beer with. Some things are what they are. It ain't all gravy...........ANYWHERE!!! Glad to see some people see that.

Piker

Last edited:
He.ll yes he should....I may not be the biggest CHQ cheerleader out there,but I sure wouldn't treat them like they were the plague if I was in the market for a regional job. But if you've been around the block a few times ( I mean a few veteran of bad timing at 3 or more regionals maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to roll your dice on the next level. Some of these carriers like Tradewinds, Allegiant......etc, etc are tossin out some pretty good success stories these days. I know they aren't the best places out there, but if you are truely going at this again the the umteenth time it sure would su.ck to get stuck as an F/O again for 3-4 years at a carrier with a unfriendly F/O contract like CHQ.

Piker

Latest resources

Back