• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
take the job at eagle or anywhere else that will hire you now pronto. then if republic offers you something in the next few months, quit and go to republic.

maybe im partial to my company..but i would wait it out at republic. the J4J guys are for the most part all going to be leaving if not gone. leaving a pretty big vacancy to fill regardless of the current economy. upgrade is still pretty quick. call HR and feel them out as well if you haven't already. hope that helps

As of this week all the j4j (except 2 or 3 going into the 4/5 US Air class) are gone. Native rep/chq guys have already been upgraded or are just finishing upgrade now to replace thoes j4j that left.

Upgrades left at Rep will be for the remaining 7 to 10 E175's still to come for US Air (I bet T8 has the exact numbers). The US Air total is 57 (17 or so 170's and the rest 175's for a total of 57) and they are holding at 12 in the Frontier system for now.

Most of the upgrades down the road will be for the E-170/5's comming for the Shuttle system. I think that is a net gain of 10 aircraft in the Shuttle system.

Despite the negotiation BS... RP is a great place to work. From what some of the check airmen say. The pool is only there till they can get everyone trained. 40 new check airmen on the S5 side. So hang tight.

take the job at eagle or anywhere else that will hire you now pronto. then if republic offers you something in the next few months, quit and go to republic.

If you take this guys advice, you are making a HUGE mistake. First, Eagle is hiring, but AA is trying to divest Eagle from their books. Laymans terms, they are looking to dumb Eagle. Add the fact that upgrade time is forever and you have a mixture of unhappiness and no career progression. If you take any job and then take Rep when they call, you most likely will have a training contract that you will legally be responsible for and they (all) HAVE BEEN ACTIVELY PURSUING THE ONES THAT BREAK THE CONTRACT. Just wait it out for the pool. Things are awesome over here and I promise you that you will be happy you made the right decision holding out for Rep. Best people I have ever worked with are at this company.

I think I'm going to apply to eagle and see what happens. I do not believe they have a training contract. I will be able to build some experience there and then see what my best options are. I don't think I would be willing to wait for a seven year upgrade. Seems like I missed the republic hiring boom. I know for awhile they were bringing in around 80 a month.

Latest resources

Back