• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic loans more money to Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So why would DAL sell a name brand to a future competitor in a market? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Not arguing that point. I was pointing out the fact that Republic does not need the Midwest certificate to fly larger aircraft. It already has that with the Republic certificate. But Bedford and the boys are up to something. Don't forget that Bedford has a long history with Anderson and other current and former NWA execs from his days at Mesaba. Stay tuned, this is going to get interesting over the next few months. After my experiences at Independence Air, I don't wish this water torture on anybody, and I feel for the crews at Midwest. I hope Midwest stays in business, and keeps its crews employed. But it doesn't look very hopeful for them.

The only thing that is for certain is our 25th anniversary as an air carrier providing exceptional service from Milwaukee is tomorrow, 11th, of June 2009! Unfortunately 3/4 of us are furloughed..... So why does it really matter!

The exceptional service ended long before 6/11/2009. It's a shame what TH did to us, what an exceptional group of pilots to fly with. One can only hope they fire TH and get someone in who knows what they are doing.

Oh wait, TH tells us it's us not the seats and cookies..........

Not arguing that point. I was pointing out the fact that Republic does not need the Midwest certificate to fly larger aircraft. It already has that with the Republic certificate. But Bedford and the boys are up to something. Don't forget that Bedford has a long history with Anderson and other current and former NWA execs from his days at Mesaba. Stay tuned, this is going to get interesting over the next few months. After my experiences at Independence Air, I don't wish this water torture on anybody, and I feel for the crews at Midwest. I hope Midwest stays in business, and keeps its crews employed. But it doesn't look very hopeful for them.

Well as a former Indy guy you must have known our former VP - Flt Ops Mark Z. He was still spouting the company line of us flying "100 hundred EMB190's" right up to the day he announced his intention to goto PSA.

Let Midwest serve as the lesson for future mainline MEC's. Do not fall prey to the virtual airline. Don't let the dumbing down of our contracts fall prey to the yahoos at Republic who will happily lap up your branded flying.

The perfect childish prank would be doing what Billy Madison does. Take a flaming bag of dog sh*t to Hoeksema' home near Waukesha and watch him stomp it out as yells to his wife, "Another one of those bags of poop again!"

Well as a former Indy guy you must have known our former VP - Flt Ops Mark Z. He was still spouting the company line of us flying "100 hundred EMB190's" right up to the day he announced his intention to goto PSA.

Did the same thing at Fly I. Was spouting the company line that good times are around the corner until the place shut down.

You RAH pilots feel like RAH will obtain this certificate somehow. Unless my math is correct, NWA/DAL and TPG has put up $250million in financing to obtain equity in the company while you have put up a lot less ($40 or so million) in "loans". They can obviously keep paying to play and hope DAL/TPG or a bankruptcy judge throws the certificate your way in a bankruptcy sale, if and when this happens.

The whole point of this is DAL's scope and avoiding it (in my opinion). Selling that certificate to you completely shows the sham of this operation and reveals their hand, something they do not want to do. I would imagine Midwest will continue to limp by and by as they try to further erode DAL's scope. DAL doesn't view a 170/190 operation out of Milwaukee as "competition", they are "allies" after the greater goal: DAL domestic flying.

Didn't NWA ante up the money because an AAI foothold in MKE could cost them $1B in sales over something like 10 years? If so, what's changed? A no compete clause (CAL/XJT) and a long-term contract for Shuttle and Chautaugua would mitigate the risk for BB. Now, RAH is the bridge to the west coast as of 1 AUG -- getting the proverbial camel's nose under Skywest's tent.

Didn't NWA ante up the money because an AAI foothold in MKE could cost them $1B in sales over something like 10 years? If so, what's changed? A no compete clause (CAL/XJT) and a long-term contract for Shuttle and Chautaugua would mitigate the risk for BB. Now, RAH is the bridge to the west coast as of 1 AUG -- getting the proverbial camel's nose under Skywest's tent.

Correct. So why would they give away the assets of the company to someone else for $.20 on the $1 they paid. Selling an airline to a potential competitor is bad business, ask Bob Crandall (someone who knows a hellofa lot more about running an airline that Timmay) about that.

Correct. So why would they give away the assets of the company to someone else for $.20 on the $1 they paid. Selling an airline to a potential competitor is bad business, ask Bob Crandall (someone who knows a hellofa lot more about running an airline that Timmay) about that.

Crandall recently pulled the plug on POGO. Perhaps he's looking for a new project/gig and we as MidEx pilots should solicit his expertise to return this once great airline back to profitability and to cease the outsourcing!

Latest resources

Back