• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Interview and Information Request

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Once again I have flown right seat for thousands of hours - sometimes while being shot at by the way. If you head up to the top and read my "second" thread on this - it was to answer someones very good question about why, I, at 45 and with over 4000 hours of turbine time would want to fly for the regionals vs FEDEX etc - I answered that particular question - As a crewmember I'm there to support whomever is in the left seat - even guys I hate personally - even God forbid "women" - By the way that was sarcasim if you didn't catch that - Some of the best pilots I ever flew with in the Air Force were woman -

Bottom line is the thing that makes a "good" pilot is professionalism in while holding whatever "position" in the cockpit he or she is sitting in. Sometimes that is a single engine 206 in the mountains of Alaska - sometimes as a FO next to a 20 year old - and sometimes as the person that gets to "make" the final decisions. I think you have a "vision" of who and what I am that is very different from "who" I really am. I fly every flight thinking there is one more thing I can learn - I've had wonderful mentors both young and old and I hope to pass on the tricks of the trade to those I fly with no matter what position. Making a statement that the worst pilot you ever flew with held the same position as I at one time in his life and then equating that to my experience or my personality without ever having flown with me or met me - I think is short sighted. This is a public site and as such anyone gets to "chime" in with his or her opinions - just realize I'm not going to let those that don't know me out here make uninformed statements without a response.

Let me just put out there this one question, and please everyone and I mean "everyone" that has jumped into the thread here think about what I'm saying and respond truthfully and we'll leave it at that.

Given the "preference" would you rather be in the left seat making the decisions or the right seat "supporting" those decisions? And please leave out the pyscho babble "thinking" you know me - anyone out here that does know me and has flown with me chime in - I mean I still get Christmas cards from old Tweet students - and anyone going through UPT knows that just doesn't happen - that is a place where it's institutional to be an asswipe as an IP - I was a 49er for a season and the best coaches I ever had where the ones that used positive reinforcement not negative - I've flown and taught that way my whole career - just to clear things up. Something tells me - this is not to be the last post - but so be it. i would like to read the answers from anyone that feels willing to place them here - I certainly understand the importance of CRM - especially in terms of "Can you as a 45 year old pilot with your experience work as an FO next to a 20 something Capt" - the answer is "of course" - and I'd mean it - it's the difference between the pilot taking out his own plane on a sunday afternoon - and those that call this a profession.

Everyone Fly Safe

Sean

Sean,
I’m afraid you came to the wrong place for info; although it’s in the name this place is only good for B grade entertainment. Check out http://www.republicpilots.org you will only be able to get in the public sections, but I think you will find it more helpful. Good luck in the interview.

Thanks Dog - I've headed over there already - just seeing how long this thread is going to run - seems there a lot of people with opinions - God Bless the USA. What's the old saying? "Opinions are like ****************************************, everyone has one." Seems to be right on concerning this site - I do know one thing about the web - it's very easy to throw crap against the wall when you aren't face to face with someone - I'd love to "see" a few of these people straight on and have them say the things they are to my face - You know so if they offended me at all I could kick the ******************** out of them. But hey - we can't have everything now can we?

You think the dumbass that misspelled "gem" will get any of this sarcasm?

Latest resources

Back