Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic hiring 400 FA's. Possible BIG GROWTH???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am surprised at what Mr./Ms. "Nelson" quotes. 18 cents of profit per dollar of revenue compared to the industry average of 10 cents per dollar...let that sink in.

Pilots at Republic...are you listening? I remember when Air Wisconsin Airlines Corporation signed a contract with it's pilots in 2001 which resulted in the leading contract in regional industry. We deserved it. NOW...You have the opportunity to establish the leading contract in the industry in regards to work rules, trip/duty rigs, compensation per flight hour, per diem... Your company is doing VERY well. You deserve a slice of that economic windfall. Most pilots don't get to fly at the "majors" (insert your dream airline). There is a high possibility that you will be at RepubliShuttaqua for longer than you are planning for. Make your airline one you can be comfortable at for a long time.

AWACoff - ex-Laker

Excellent post...I hope we're all reading this. You guys want those 3-4 hour sits to go away? Make them pay for them...they will disappear overnight.

Do not vote yes for ANYTHING that doesn't include trip/duty rigs. And buh-bye to that 98.5% completion factor linked to line guarantee.

Anyone have a copy of AirWisconsin's contract? I would love to read it and forward it to our Union people. I just sent them a copy of ExpressJet's after telling them some of the work rules in there that we need.

Are you there? If so how is it? I would love to fly the 170 but don't want to commute for 19 bucks an hour. And who knows how long the upgrade will be.
But to answer your question, yes I am waiting to see how things turn out at XJ.

SEVEN,

It's like most other places, good days, bad days. Good have outnumbered the bad for me. The 170 is just like anything else after a while. I haven't run into anyone who thinks they're the creme-de-la-creme, just because they're flying the 170.
Where would you be commuting from? We're in CASS, so it's not so bad.

PM me if you need anything more.

I am surprised at what Mr./Ms. "Nelson" quotes. 18 cents of profit per dollar of revenue compared to the industry average of 10 cents per dollar...let that sink in.

Pilots at Republic...are you listening? I remember when Air Wisconsin Airlines Corporation signed a contract with it's pilots in 2001 which resulted in the leading contract in regional industry. We deserved it. NOW...You have the opportunity to establish the leading contract in the industry in regards to work rules, trip/duty rigs, compensation per flight hour, per diem... Your company is doing VERY well. You deserve a slice of that economic windfall. Most pilots don't get to fly at the "majors" (insert your dream airline). There is a high possibility that you will be at RepubliShuttaqua for longer than you are planning for. Make your airline one you can be comfortable at for a long time.

AWACoff - ex-Laker

Trust me, we KNOW.....those of us that have been here for awhile, and probably will be areound for awhile longer KNOW. We were here for the bad times, and now we're here for the good times. We, as a group, have stood our ground several times, but none of the FIdiots know this. Two things didn't come for a vote (concessions in 2001 and again lowering rates for CRJs). The J4J was voted down the first time, but was swallowed the second to get the CBA we have now. We had 50 airplanes and 500 pilots when the contract is signed. We're going to have 200 airplanes and about 2000 pilots when the contract becomes amendable in OCT '07 and early openers in APR '07. There are still lots of people, who everyday, are counting the days that they leave for the majors. Delta and United will probably hire in '07, so those that want to leave will. Look at the experience level of people going to CAL (NOT A KNOCK ON CAL, ITS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR SOME FOLKS) compared to the 80's and 90's experience level to a major. So I firmly believe that those that really want to go to a "major" to fly "big iron" will have the shot.

All that being said, everyone I know that's been here for awhile is squirreling away cash.

All you prohpets, and "bar-setters" that don't work for us, go ahead and start tell us what we NEED to do to make your life better. Once we fight hard for a contract that WE feel WE deserve and finally vote it in, you will bitch and complain anyway that we didn't do enough, even though our scope will remain strong and we won't have jr. manning.

As a group, most of us are smart enough to get what we can without sabotaging the profitablity of the company.

What do I know....

back to the drivel....

considering half the fleet needs two flight attendants per aircraft and as stated above....the high attrition rate. OLD NEWS

Braced by a new business alliance with Continental, Republic is expanding. Twenty 86-seat Embraer RJ 175s will join Republic's fleet next year, followed by 10 the following year, with options for 75 more of the big RJs beyond 2008, Wilkinson said.

I don't think the 'big' RJ's are destined for the CAL system. Scope prevents over 50 seat jets. I don't see CAL ALPA giving in on this issue. Just the EMB-145's for now.

Nelson must be on crack--show me a passenger airline that has 10% profit margins here in the states, let alone 18%. That may be, at the best an operating margin, but that particular metric is far afield from net profits.

Latest resources

Back