• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Financing Inc?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wouldn't loaning a cash strapped partner $$$ to get by for a little while, in hopes of securing future contracts be a good way to keep your employees employed. When the next contract comes about, and USAir is looking at which small jet operator to award it to, who will get the call... If you don't answer RAH your either lying to yourself, or don't want to admit it.

Either way, that is how you look out for your employees, future flying... growth... and new equipment, not quite ready to be parked in the desert...

It hasn't seemed to work for Skywest. They helped save Delta's a$$ when they bought ASA, yet lately they've been being overlooked in favor of Pinnacle. (Especially ASA)

man if I was one of the guys put out on the street by Republic I'd have a hard time reading this. How come they couldn't have used just a fraction of this money and keep their pilots on payroll.

What does Republic loaning money to a codeshare have to do with retaining furloughees as a result of lost flying and parked aircraft? Republic Airways is a publicly traded company, not a communist social institution.

Last edited:
So how long will it be till Republic is flying 190's?

With a little luck and some critical thinking and a
tough stance by the pilots at all the majors, hopefully never. At least not as a codeshare anyway. Not all of us want to work for regional wages and benefits for the remainder of our careers.

Wouldn't loaning a cash strapped partner $$$ to get by for a little while, in hopes of securing future contracts be a good way to keep your employees employed. When the next contract comes about, and USAir is looking at which small jet operator to award it to, who will get the call... If you don't answer RAH your either lying to yourself, or don't want to admit it.

Either way, that is how you look out for your employees, future flying... growth... and new equipment, not quite ready to be parked in the desert...

That just isn't how it works. The business world does not honor the "scratch mine Ill scratch yours" mentality. When and IF they need feed they will go with the cheapest and most performing. I dont know how many times I have seen this kind of thing happen and people always say they owe our company flying...doesn't always mean you are next in line. AWAC dumped a ton of money in as well...so how do you know they won't get flying instead. If you truly believe what you wrote than that's great hope it helps you sleep...but I think you are "lying" to yourself.

What does Republic loaning money to a codeshare have to do with retaining furloughees as a result of lost flying and parked aircraft? Republic Airways is a publicly traded company, not a communist social institution.

It has much to do with it in my eyes. If they have such excess cash that they are bailing people out then I think they could have kept staffing greater than normal. How much does it cost to keep a few jr FOs on payroll? Not much. Your not saving much by kicking them to the streets and downgrading a few capts. For example, SKW, (and things could change tomorrow) has been around 200 pilots overstaffed for the past 3 or so months. We have 75 FO rsvs at ORD alone, way too many. There is something to be said about a company that makes every effort to keep their employes loyal and employed. Not drinking koolaid, because obviously they are staffing the airline to take advantage of any growth that may turn up but lets face it... they could can some pilots and be closer to proper staffing. All Im saying is, if I was a Republic pilot id have liked to seen the company barely dip into the bank and try to keep those who make the airline run an active part.

It has much to do with it in my eyes. If they have such excess cash that they are bailing people out then I think they could have kept staffing greater than normal. How much does it cost to keep a few jr FOs on payroll? Not much. Your not saving much by kicking them to the streets and downgrading a few capts. For example, SKW, (and things could change tomorrow) has been around 200 pilots overstaffed for the past 3 or so months. We have 75 FO rsvs at ORD alone, way too many. There is something to be said about a company that makes every effort to keep their employes loyal and employed. Not drinking koolaid, because obviously they are staffing the airline to take advantage of any growth that may turn up but lets face it... they could can some pilots and be closer to proper staffing. All Im saying is, if I was a Republic pilot id have liked to seen the company barely dip into the bank and try to keep those who make the airline run an active part.

Do you know what is going on behind the scenes. I don't like to armchair quarterback because I have no idea what the man behind the curtain is thinking or doing. I know your daddy beat you when you were a kid, and your girlfriend walked out on you, but you have to trust someone at some point in your life. <---- sarcastic humor.

Do you know what is going on behind the scenes. I don't like to armchair quarterback because I have no idea what the man behind the curtain is thinking or doing. I know your daddy beat you when you were a kid, and your girlfriend walked out on you, but you have to trust someone at some point in your life. <---- sarcastic humor.

I guess you're right...but actually my girlfriend beat me and my dad ran out on me :)

I guess you're right...but actually my girlfriend beat me and my dad ran out on me :)

Haha, sorry to hear that man. I didn't mean to strike a nerve. If it makes you feel any better my wife beats me regularly, even it it's not evidenced by bruises. It's more of the psychological kind of beating. :smash:

Latest resources

Back