Republic 1st. Year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Philerup

I have an interview with Republic and I also have a couple of other things lined up. I have to make a decision. In order to do that I need to be better informed. Can someone post the real world pay first and second year. I know about APC but hourly rates do not tell the whole story. Thanks.

Philerup said:
I have an interview with Republic and I also have a couple of other things lined up. I have to make a decision. In order to do that I need to be better informed. Can someone post the real world pay first and second year. I know about APC but hourly rates do not tell the whole story. Thanks.

after taxes, including perdiem, im taking home 2k/mo on first year pay. this is just me, I cant speak for anyone else at Reshuttletauqua. Base pay after taxes (75 hrs) not including perdiem is appx 1200/mo.

So how are you "taking home" 2k a month? That sounds unreasonable. I think I took home about 950/month on first year pay at another regional.

ReportCanoa said:
So how are you "taking home" 2k a month? That sounds unreasonable. I think I took home about 950/month on first year pay at another regional.
not unreasonable at all. i have an 85hr line, and avg 95 hrs a month credit. add 500-600/ month perdiem. I know perdiem isnt really "pay"..but im a cheap bastard and dont spend much on overnights, so i pocket most of it.

1 yr pay 22.06/22.50 in october
per diem is 1.55/1.60 in october

I made 25,650 before taxes and 19117 after taxes and deductions my first year here. Mix of reserve and build up lines and hard lines.

Don't know how the hell you're getting 2k take home when the most I grossed was 1800 before taxes, during the holidays last year with 110 hr credit. Also don't know how you get 600 per diem when the most I had was 500 with a 87 hr line, and that was non-taxable not counting the taxable from trips I picked up to about 50 bucks. Me thinks someone is exaggerating.

(take home pay)
1st year: The big paycheck is 1100, the small 800. And that was 2 years ago when rate was almost $2 less. So I'd go with 2000k a month easily now.

2nd year: big is 1300, small 840. There wasn't a huge jump second year for me because living in base with decent seniority, I was getting 18 days off month. Paychecks when I worked lots were up to 1570 and 840.

Note-this is just my average. Not the company as a whole.

capt. crunch said:
$600 a month in per diem???? How much do you get an hour for per diem?

-CC

That's 387 hours TAFB

If you did 4 four day trips per month, that would be 96.77 hours TAFB per each pairing. I see the pairings...there are no trips blocked with that much TAFB. Joe wouldn't allow it. It's not his nature to pay 1st year FO's like that. Even if you throw an out and back in there, the numbers are skewed.

T8

king10pin02 said:
not unreasonable at all. i have an 85hr line, and avg 95 hrs a month credit. add 500-600/ month perdiem. I know perdiem isnt really "pay"..but im a cheap bastard and dont spend much on overnights, so i pocket most of it.

95hrs x 22.06 = 2095.7 + 600 (diem) = 2695.7

Assuming you are in the lowest tax bracket (15%) subtract $314 from your gross to equal a monthly average of $1782.

Add your diem and you get $2382/month or $28,584 average per year.

Do-able, but I would say not the norm for the "average" 1st year FO. Remember, the thread asked about the 1st year and 2nd year.

T8

Latest resources

Back