Rentals in the San Diego area?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dickburns

Can anyone recommend a good place to rent from in/around San Diego? gonna be there for a long weekend and want to rent a plane for a sightseeing trip, and a couple local flights...just hopefully get a quick 1 hr checkout or something and then rent it.

First Flight at Brown field would be a great place. 172 for $75 hour and 182 for $105 an hour and it has a 430. 619-661-6522

First Flight would be a great choice. I flew jumpers out of Brown for a year or so and Tom is a great guy. Spent some time in both his 172 and 182, was pleased with both. He had a Grumman and a champ too, not sure if they are still there but I hope they are.
Also, if you get frisky, I think they 172 and 182 have Mexican papers.

Last edited:
MYF has plus one and goldenwings flying club. Both clubs have good aircraft but they do have a $30 a month membership fee and $50 start up fee. 172 rent for about 85 an hour in both and a 182 is 130-140 an hour. I would recommend goldenwings its a lot easier to get an aircraft. If you need give me a call and I could help you get checked out. 765-490-6797 aaron

First Flight would be a great choice. I flew jumpers out of Brown for a year or so and Tom is a great guy. Spent some time in both his 172 and 182, was pleased with both. He had a Grumman and a champ too, not sure if they are still there but I hope they are.
Also, if you get frisky, I think they 172 and 182 have Mexican papers.
The Champ and the Grumman Yankee are still there. I flew Tom's Champ earlier this week. It's $60 an hour.

LS

At MYF there is San Diego Flight Training ..."We now rent aircraft. Call for details -- 858-569-1822."

They are evil, and rather pricey $$$ but for a weekend rental it may be worth it because you wouldn't have to join one of the flying clubs.

Latest resources

Back