• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Renewing CFI/MEI at FSDO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is interesting, but is there a source or reference for ths?

That was the source, FAA-FSIMS 8900.1. You can do a web search yourself and then you'll have access the the FSDO's reference source. There are no secrets anymore. 8900.1 is the FAA Order to the FSDO's in black and white. Any quote from that reference is "golden" and closed for discussion from then on.

That was the source, FAA-FSIMS 8900.1. You can do a web search yourself and then you'll have access the the FSDO's reference source. There are no secrets anymore. 8900.1 is the FAA Order to the FSDO's in black and white. Any quote from that reference is "golden" and closed for discussion from then on.

I thank you very much for that information. I have been retired from instructing and other occupations for 8 years now, and I did not know that source existed. I sill fly regularly with aircraft partner and some others, and some of them are hard to convince. It is nice to have a source, other than making calls to the FSDO. It seems that the FAA is coming out of the dark ages. There is a wealth of information in there. It is sure better than getting different answers from different FSDO's, or different Inspectors in each FSDO.

I assume that everything in there has been vetted by the legal folks at FAA headquarters. Maybe I am totally behind times, but it seems that the FAA should publicize this better.

Order 8900 is a combination of the old Order 8700 (General Aviation Operation Inspectors Handbook), Order 8400 (Air Carrier Operation Inspector Handbook), and Order 8300 (Airworthness Inspector Handbook). The threee Orders have been around for over 15 years. Many in the Industry knew they were public knowledge in paper copy but then came to the internet about 10 years ago.

My reference about the "test" is from the current 8900. See the link.

Latest resources

Back