Removing co-pilot seat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mason

Need a verdict as to the legality of flying a C401 with the co-pilot seat removed. Anyone see any need in doing anything special other than a W&B before going to fly???

As AVBUG mentioned, more information needs to be supplied, I have no idea myself but I do remember when I was flying some freight in a BE-200, that removal of the Passenger seats needed to have some paperwork done, whether a mechanic or a pilot that is certified to do the job by the PMI, this of course was a 135 operation and didn't involve the co-pilot seat. On the other hand, Skydiving operations normally remove co-pilot seats from Cessnas all the time.

Last edited:
Mason,

Put these in just one forum. One is enough.

Not enough information is provided. For what purpose do you intend to remove the seat? Who will remove it? Under what regulations are you operating (eg, 91 only, 135, etc)? Under what airworthiness limitations are you operating (restricted category, etc)? Is this a revenue flight? Does the aircaft have a MEL? What do you intend to put on the floor, if anything and have you investigated the load bearing limitations applicable too the floor area without a seat? (can you legally walk there?). Will you be retaining the flight controls in that position, and if so, what is done to protect them? Will cargo be carried which could interfere with the flight controls?

Are you asking if you can remove the seat, or if you can operate with it removed?

Latest resources

Back