Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

climbhappy

ex pat
This Holiday Season, keep in your prayers the family of Quinn Sipe, a Netjets pilot who died suddenly several weeks ago. I spoke with his father recently, Capt. Tony Sipe, US AIRWAYS RETIRED. Tony is struggling with and having trouble dealing with his lost.

It wasn't tragic, but a loss felt deeply among the many friends and pilots who worked with him. I played golf with Quinn many times during 2002 while I was furloughed after 9/11 and had lost own father a week before xmas 2001 to cancer. Quinn could put a smile on my face. I remember the excitement i felt when I knew we would tee it up again while I struggled with my own personal setbacks. That was Quinn's purpose in life. He brought joy to those around him. I miss him and soon I'll see his girlfriend who has promised to give me a copy of a picture of him standing around a pretty Netjets Citation V. If any of you want to remember him let me know I'll send you a copy!

Finally, If you're inclined to do so, give his father a call (area code 336 Dir As) this holiday season and wish him peace. this talking xmas card will do more for his suffering than you'll ever know... And this I promise you....that someday you'll be given that same dose of grace that we all need....sometime

Even if you didn't know him... your call will be a testimony to the spirit of Quiunn sipe.

It is interesting that a Netjets pilot has the initials "QS". Funny how life works sometimes.

A prayer for your friend.

Quinn was a GREAT pilot and wonderful person to be around. He was one of those people who never met a stranger. He will be missed!

God Speed my friend.

gump

climbhappy said:
[B

It wasn't tragic, but a loss felt deeply among the many friends and pilots who worked with him

A loss felt deeply indeed. I worked with Quinn at both CCAIR and MIDWAY, and he was without a doubt one of the finest friends I will ever have. Indeed, being in a bad mood when he was around was next to impossible. Having met his father in the CLT crewroom, I can see where Quinn got his spirit as well as love of life. He will be VERY missed............

[/B]

I come on here most days to keep up with the gossip and news. Most days I find something to smile about, wheter it be some good news, a doofus comment, or a little controversy. There's nothing to smile about on here today.

I had the pleasure of working with Quinn for a few years when he was at CCAir. In spite of the usual regional airline strife (including a Mesa takeover), Quinn ALWAYS had a smile on his face and something positive to say (or at least something negative in a way that made you laugh). He was a good pilot, a good Captain, and a good man. This business would be a lot more pleasant if there were more like him in it.

My condolences to Quinn's family, friends and coworkers at NetJets.

Godspeed Quinn

Climbhappy,

You may want to post this news over on the Regional board. I know there will be people over there who will want to express there condolences.

Latest resources

Back