• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Remember the hosing of Jet America pilots by Alaska

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't see the part where Jet America and ALPA both agreed to a FINAL and BINDING arbitration.....Could you highlight it for us?

At least you freely admit that your are giving a 'hosing' to the West.

ALPA violated its duty of fair representation if (1) it represented the Jet America pilots and thus owed those pilots a duty of fair representation, and (2) it breached that duty.

Bernard sued on behalf of himself and the other Jet America pilots alleging that ALPA had breached its duty of fair representation by: (1) excluding them from all negotiations for an agreement integrating the seniority lists of the two pilot groups; (2) entering into an agreement that discriminated against them in favor of the pre-merger Alaska pilots; and (3) failing to afford them the benefits of ALPA's own merger policy. Bernard then moved for summary judgment or, in the alternative, preliminary injunctive relief setting aside the October 6 agreement pending a trial.

some of the high lights. This has nothing to do with binding.

M

Prior to the merger of Jet America Airlines ("Jet America") with Alaska Airlines ("Alaska"), the Alaska pilots were represented by ALPA for purposes of collective bargaining, while the Jet America pilots were unrepresented.

Another great highlight.

This has nothing to do with binding.
M
I agree. So what's your point? Making Apples to Oranges comparisons and think we won't remember that the East approved and agreed to Nic?

Well aren't AWA are unrepresented. Whats your point

Yeah,because you idiots didn't "annoint" anyone to be domicile reps in PHX or LAS. Even though we had a few west pilots express an interest in voluntering for those positions, (Why ? I'll never know... ) your Reichstag "leadership" (...and I use the term loosely) said 'thanks...but no thanks"

PHXFLYR

sure did. How did you know?

M

Latest resources

Back