Reliant airline closing the doors ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

a pilot

Any one knows what happened to Reliant Airlines Inc. ?
The web side says they have ceased operations , the flight tracker shows all the aircraft beeing recalled to the base .

I feel sorry for those guys. Its not a good time to be out of work.
I know first hand.
Falcondriver "used to be"

Reliant has been around for a long time. I guess the automotive charter world is really taking a big hit.

fdx

i talked to some of those when i was in LIT and they seemed optimistic, because they just signed a lengthy contract with FedEx. Sorry to hear of the bad news.
Just when i thought we might see a break in this down-turn.
be safe.
GB

Good Bye flight

Just watched an almost formation take off of 5 of their airplanes, flight view shows them all heading for RFD for parking.

Without knowing what went on within the company, this to me is a real shocker. Reliant T/U before Grand Aire or some of the other 135s out there ? I wouldn't have put money on that. Good luck to all those affected, hope the wait is short.

Man, I am shocked.

A bunch of good guys there.

It is tough right now in the charter freight business. We just had another round of furloughs at Capital. Looks like if somebody wants to keep flying right now you need to stand in two lines. First the interview line at a commuter and then the food stamp line.

It's Over

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the kind words. Reliant was a great place to work for a while. But things got bad after our FedEx contract went away. I flew the 2nd Reliant Falcon to RFD yesterday to park it. This really sucks...I thought we were strong enough to hold on and ride this thing out but I guess not. The doors are closed and a lot of good guys are hurting real bad. Just like everybody else I supppose. Reliant was one of those companys with a great history and a lot of talented people too. It's sad to see it go.

FlyCargo2
Former Reliant Airlines Falcon 20 Captain.

Latest resources

Back