Released from Reserve

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

heph224

Just curious, when you guys call scheduling asking to be released till your next reserve day or days off does the company keep track of it and does it look bad? I would think that if coverage is good and scheduling releases u then it's no biggie.

Just curious, when you guys call scheduling asking to be released till your next reserve day or days off does the company keep track of it and does it look bad? I would think that if coverage is good and scheduling releases u then it's no biggie.

Huh?

Let me get this straight... you think that asking to get released on reserve will go down in your Permanent Record as being a lazy, anti-company employee and follow you for the rest of your career? Bahhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No, nobody keeps track of that stuff! They have better things to do!

Um, no. They will only release you if they are ABSOLUTELY certain that they have way more than adequate coverage...otherwise they would be putting THEIR sweet @sses on the line just so you could go home or have brewskie...fat chance.

I did it all the time. Of course, it's in our contract...

The only time I can think of if it would effect you, is if you make a stink about it. Play nice, schedulers are just doing their job.

Yes, it looks bad. You should never call in to be released, especially if you work at my company and call before me. Don't ever call to be released again. I call to be released, but I'm trying to get fired. You shouldn't do that.

Do you think they are going to release you if there is even a remote chance they need you? If they release you, say "thank you very much" and get on the next plane home or take the phone off the hook if you live in base. Enjoy the extra time off.

Yes, it looks bad. You should never call in to be released, especially if you work at my company and call before me. Don't ever call to be released again. I call to be released, but I'm trying to get fired. You shouldn't do that.

classic!

I did it all the time. Of course, it's in our contract...

The only time I can think of if it would effect you, is if you make a stink about it. Play nice, schedulers are just doing their job.

Be nice? Yeah, when you have a bunch of teenage, ghetto, mean spiritied, incompetant, dishonest, Crew Schedulers....and pilots are supposed to be nice??? You are probably one of those pilots who sends CS pizza.

Latest resources

Back