Welcome to Flightinfo.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regionals to Part 135

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dnkt

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 24, 2005
Posts
122
Have the option to leave the regionals and start flying part 135. No more commuting (ORD-IAH, ouch) more money, flying newer lears, fairly quick upgrade. Stay at XJT and hopefully upgrade in 5 months, keep commuting and hope the airplanes find a home. Any other guys make this move?
 
Will you make more flying the Lears, than as a CA at XJT? Sometimes people focus on an initial improvement in pay, but fail to realize that they will make more, in the long run, staying at their current job.
 
I would consider not commuting. I used to commute IAH to EWR when i was based in EWR. It added so much stress. I am based at home now and its so nice. If its a good company and the pay is better i would probably do it. I have my app out at some good corporate departments as well. Everyone should always be looking to find a better job. Good for you for keeping your options open. Good Luck.
 
Well since you're senior to me I would say go for it!!!

Have you thought about the charter ops we are starting here at XJT? I hear the sked. is going to be 7 on 7 off... Plus you can live by any major airport, and they will fly you to where the plane is... Much like Netjets used to be.
 

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom