• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regionals ... or the fractionals?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My biggest concern is that I have a 2-year-old daughter and a boy due in September.

To a little kid, a week seems like an eternity. You come back after a week (or, in the case of Flex, eight days) away and they cry when you try to pick them up.

I'm kind of nervous about that. I guess I'd rather take my poison in smaller doses. Three on, two off, four on, three off, etc., etc.

If I didn't have little ones, I'd probably be all over the fracs like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

Eagle interview this week. Wish me luck.

I really do think you are doing the smart thing. Some people just have a different prespective on their family life. I've flown with individuals that after being home with the wife and kids for more than 3 days they are "sick" and need some time away. Me? The more time I spend with my beautiful loving wife, and precious little girl the happier I am. Dont get me wrong, I would love to make over 100K right now, but am I willing to sacrifice my family time for it? NO. I rather not be rich, but live comfortable enough to be next to my wife and baby as much as possible. That's just me.
Good luck at your eagle interview!

Thanks, man. I just bought a new tie. I hope it does the trick.

Hopefully I'll have some good news next week ...

Thanks, man. I just bought a new tie. I hope it does the trick.

Hopefully I'll have some good news next week ...

When's you're interview? Just know everything about jepps, and I mean everything. Interview really is one of the easiest interviews. Make us proud!

Jepps? I've been studying NOS. Dammit!

Just kidding.

My interview's Monday. I'm like a walking, talking Jepp intro section. You need to know anything about MALSF, ALSFR, SSALR or HIRL, I'm your man.

You need to know anything about MALSF, ALSFR, SSALR or HIRL, I'm your man.

What the hell are those? LOL, j/k!
Good to know man, well I guess I can safely welcome aboard.

As a "young" CFI, looking ahead in the industry and thinking about what I want to do with my life for the next little while, this is a no-brainer. Frac all the way.

-Goose

Last edited:
As a "young" CFI, looking ahead in the industry and thinking about what I want to do with my life for the next little while, this is a no-brainer. Frac all the way.

-Goose

You said it "YOUNG CFI".

You said it "YOUNG CFI".

No, I said "young" CFI, meaning age 30 and about 1100 total time (yeah, 1100 whole hours ;) ), and a little more clued-in than a barely post-pubescent about what I want out of life. The airlines are great for some folks (my roomate included), but it's nothing that I would want to do for more than a couple years. And if I already know that it will be such a grind, I don't see the problem with avoiding if it I can. Do you?

Nothing bugs me more than the "airlines are where you want to be, whether that's where you think you want to be or not" mentality. Let me figure it out for myself, mm-k? Maybe I want to interact with pax and load bags and do my own flight planning and fly to airports with numbers in the identifier. Is that such a crime?

Oh well, it just goes to show you can't win on flightinfo. If you say you want to go fly for a regional, people accuse you of having SJS. If you say you don't want to go to regional, people lecture you about seniority being "everything."

Oh well. I'm just going to do what I want to do anyway. I'm too stubborn to do otherwise.

-Goose

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back