Regionals or Charter to the FRACS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AeroDMB

I have a low time pilot opportunity to fly with a regional but do intend on applying for the Fractionals in the future. Would it be better to instruct and find a charter position with the same company or go with the regional that I have the low-time opportunity to fly a jet with? Thanks much!

AeroDMB

No brainer go to the regionals. You need to build quality flight time. Especially in an industry like now to be hired into a jet at a regional with 500 hours is quite a rare thing. Where regional is it.

Thanks for the reply, I just didn't know if the Fracs looked for 121 time or 135 time. I guess the 121 option would be the best, thanks again.

The regional is ACA. 600/100 with the bridge program after successfull completion of the internship.

AeroDMB

definetely go to ACA. Great company, you'll get quality flight time with a decent upgrade schedule. Good luck and have fun.

I ask this question with no ill will at all! At these regionals that put 600/100 hour pilots in the right seat of an RJ/ERJ, do they let thses people fly every other leg, or do they have to obtain a certain amount of IOE before they fly?

Hi!

I was at a regional, and am now on-demand cargo.

I believe all the airlines (including both of my companies) are the same. After ground school and the sim, you have IOE. On my IOE I flew most of the legs.

After IOE you normally swap legs. After IOE here, I've been flying > 1/2 because the experienced pilots I fly with know I need the experience more than they do and they can get their paperwork done while I fly.
At the airlines it doesn't matter what your experience level you come in with, they treat everyone the same. It may take longer to upgrade with less hours, however.

Cliff
GRB

Latest resources

Back