• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regionals flying even bigger planes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very unlikely, unless a BK judge makes somebody do it. And, that doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon. Nope.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Very unlikely, unless a BK judge makes somebody do it. And, that doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon. Nope.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You keep telling yourself that! You won't need a BK judge, the pilots will do it to themselves. There is no unity, it's all about the dollar and every pilot makes decisions based on paying their mortgage and feeding their families and having their toys. Besides, with a good deal of the pilots retiring at the legacies over the next 8-10 years, their attitude will be to take the money now, give up scope and let the juniors guys deal with the problems after their long gone.

You keep telling yourself that! You won't need a BK judge, the pilots will do it to themselves. There is no unity, it's all about the dollar and every pilot makes decisions based on paying their mortgage and feeding their families and having their toys. Besides, with a good deal of the pilots retiring at the legacies over the next 8 years, their attitude will be to take the money now, give up scope and let the juniors guys deal with the problems after their long gone.

Say what? WRONG. Most mainline pilots have had it with RJs. They have seen them takeover mainline routes and now they are watching the CRJ-50s go away. Most of the people who didn't care were the very senior ones that all have left thanks to lump sum retirement or the fear of losing their retirements. The guys that are left were narrowbody Captains, who again watched the routes dwindle. Now that they are Widebody Captains, they have to commute home on RJs, and hate them. I seriously doubt any of the current senior guys, or any of the rest of the mainline pilots, want to see an expansion of 100 seaters going to the regionals. If you think so, you are dilusional. DL had almost 2000 senior guys leave prior to BK. They were the lifer regional pilots "last hope." Sorry to dissapoint you, they are gone now.

And you are SKW, right? Have you seen SLC evolve over the years? Remember when DL flew 737-300s to Montana (my Sis lives up there, used to fly on them all the time) and Pasco etc? That was all replaced by RJs, which are now on the way out. A320s and A319s are starting to fill in on some of those routes, and DL is now mixing up the regionals that fly at hubs. That must make you feel "really comfortable..."

Also, maybe you haven't read about the stoppage in talks between CAL/UAL ALPA and management for a merger transition agreement? Sounds to me like maybe the ALPA pilots didn't like something management stated, and stopped talking. Could be due to SCOPE? Maybe? Sounds like your upcoming downgrade is closer than you think.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Mainline is done relaxing scope. If anything they need to strengthen it. Air Lingus planes doing United flying with third-party pilots has gotten everyone's attention.

Mainline is done relaxing scope. If anything they need to strengthen it. Air Lingus planes doing United flying with third-party pilots has gotten everyone's attention.

This worries me the most. I think pilot's across the board have now lived through the RJ revolution and seen the effects. I doubt anyone will want to relive that again. Of course, I seldom am right about the human's lust for money.

you keep telling yourself that! You won't need a bk judge, the pilots will do it to themselves. There is no unity, it's all about the dollar and every pilot makes decisions based on paying their mortgage and feeding their families and having their toys. Besides, with a good deal of the pilots retiring at the legacies over the next 8-10 years, their attitude will be to take the money now, give up scope and let the juniors guys deal with the problems after their long gone.

stupid quote of the day.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back