Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IP076

That's right, you're....
Been having a discussion with some folks....

What's the smallest city (population) that any of your companies fly into with a Regional Jet?

Also, what's the longest route any of your companies still serve with a Turbo-Prop...say, EMB-120 or DHC-8 size?

Thanks a bunch!

For US Express, long Dash routes would be PIT-SDF or DCA-HHH. The trip from DC to Hilton Head blocks about 2.5.

LowlyPropCapt said:
For US Express, long Dash routes would be PIT-SDF or DCA-HHH. The trip from DC to Hilton Head blocks about 2.5.

Ouch. I think they may be the longest. :)

The longest we did at Corpex on the Jball was STL-BNA or maybe BNA-ATL

BlackPilot628 said:
Ouch. I think they may be the longest. :)

The longest we did at Corpex on the Jball was STL-BNA or maybe BNA-ATL

We used to do PHL-BGR. That was even longer. In the winter, we had to stop for gas many times at ISP or HVN.

LowlyPropCapt said:
We used to do PHL-BGR. That was even longer. In the winter, we had to stop for gas many times at ISP or HVN.

Half the reason that BGR stuff was so long was the routing around NY. MHT-DCA was the same way. ORH to PHL was the same because they took you on the "shark routing", I did PHL-ORH VFR (pre 911) on night and we did it in 42 minutes block (off spot 17 on the old PHL crack shack ramp to 35 at K to land RWY11 in ORH). Maybe not the longest by dist. but the BOS-BUF in the dash during the winter headwind months could easily get to 4.0 with taxi at BOS.

I ferried a DHC-8 from MHT to RDU one night when everything cx'd due to wx. By the time we departed the wx was gone and it was 12am so they gave us pretty much direct and if I remember correctly it was 4.0 and would have been over 5 if we had taken the filed over ALB routing.

Man. That Dash has some range.

I remember riding on a Dash from CLT-GNV about 4 years ago. That was a truck. I never had any problems riding on the Dash, it was a pretty comfortable airplane.

DEN-DIK-ISN (Williston, ND, think Canada) with an E-120 or a sub'ed B1900. Blocked at 2:40ish.

oh yeah, back in the days (late 90's) united flew a 757 on this route once a day. I was never sure why.

Latest resources

Back