regional pilots" STOP WHINING NOW"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gearup

RJDC is total B.S. if you do not want to fly brand-new, all glass equipped, jets at 80% of the speed of sound at 35000ft and get paid over 100k per year, then i would suggest each regional pilot get off their rear-ends and get qualified to do something else. flying a regional jet is still better than any corporate or middle mgmt job in the world. stopping looking at what everyone else has achieved and look into your own life to determine if a regional will satisfy your career needs. if it will not then do something about it. i am just tired of hearing about how bad the regionals are, but i guess the saying that pilots must have something to whine about is true. i personally wish that delta would scope us (ASA and Comair) to nothing but props and put every RJ in the world on mainline. who do you think they would hire to fly that many new jets? i love our curent growth, but i realize that for every jet we get, new mainline jobs will not be produced. anyone that thinks delta is going to buy 500 new RJ's and expand mainline at the same rate is nothing more than ignorant. i am not even for the one list idea. i do not want to be on the bottom of 10000 pilots waiting to get furloughed, but until DALPA starts negotiating the pay rates and working conditions of the wholly owned's, we will never have clout enough to make industry changing progress. good luck to all and these are just my personal opinions.

Good points. Prepare for the flaming that is beckoning.

Rook

600' AGL Autopilot on. 'WHEW!'

"Though I'm not paid, I play this game. And I won't stop until I'm
done."
L. Kravitz

"...who do you think they would hire to fly that many new jets?"

Maybe not you! I interviewed at DAL while flying the RJ for ASA. They said I didn't meet their standards. I was good enough for LDA's into ROA at night (with their passengers in back), but not good enough to sleep in the big house.

RJDC isn't my cup of tea, either - but don't expect that growth at the mainline equals a job for you. Not as long as there's a P-3 pilot with a pulse somewhere (sorry, cheap shot, didn't mean it, I swear....)

Wow,
I would like to say thanks to Gearup for starting such a positive and educational post. Sounds like you have a lot to do with your free time! Way to help the collective pilot group!

RJDC isn't my cup of tea, either - but don't expect that growth at the mainline equals a job for you. Not as long as there's a P-3 pilot with a pulse somewhere (sorry, cheap shot, didn't mean it, I swear....

HUCK,

Yes, that was a Cheap Shot, or Unbridled Jealousy.

I think Huck was just calling it like it is.

I don't mind hearing the real story, I can take it.

Latest resources

Back