Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rchcfi

How slow can you go
Alright, so I finally did it and left the 135 world for 121. I was recently offered a job with a large regional and have a question about how things work over yonder.

My question is with respect to upgrade. I was told in the interview that you have to have 2000 TT and 1000 turbine crew to be able to upgrade, and that current upgrades are running at 13 months. "But could be shorter if you meet the times earlier". I have 3700TT and 600 turbine crew. Does this mean I might be able to upgrade earlier than let's say the 1000 hour CFIs getting hired? When they start calling numbers for upgrade, do they keep bypassing those who might not have the time? But then when those folks are eligible, they upgrade and people like me who might have upgraded earlier keep getting pushed back. That sound right?

Thanks

Alright, so I finally did it and left the 135 world for 121. I was recently offered a job with a large regional and have a question about how things work over yonder.

My question is with respect to upgrade. I was told in the interview that you have to have 2000 TT and 1000 turbine crew to be able to upgrade, and that current upgrades are running at 13 months. "But could be shorter if you meet the times earlier". I have 3700TT and 600 turbine crew. Does this mean I might be able to upgrade earlier than let's say the 1000 hour CFIs getting hired? When they start calling numbers for upgrade, do they keep bypassing those who might not have the time? But then when those folks are eligible, they upgrade and people like me who might have upgraded earlier keep getting pushed back. That sound right?

Thanks

You are exactly correct.

When they start calling numbers for upgrade, do they keep bypassing those who might not have the time? But then when those folks are eligible, they upgrade and people like me who might have upgraded earlier keep getting pushed back. That sound right?

Thanks

Upgrades are by seniority at most places.

If the 1000 hr CFI was hired before you, and you upgrade sooner due to higher time, you'll still be a junior on the seniority list to the 1000 CFI (who was hired before you were). So when the CFI upgrades, he will be senior to you as Captain.

Edit: LOL, in other words, you're correct.

Latest resources

Back