• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional FO's getting their ATP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He was an FO for a foreign carrier. This was several yrs ago as well.

I saw a handful of guys bust the ATP at ATP..

Had one guy literally crying his eyes out yelling about dog and pony shows and bollocks.. He was upset!

Examiner told him to "go direct to" as best I remember and he went to the first fix on his flight plan, or something like that, as that was how the difference was between the US and Africa where he had been flying..

I took him to a different examiner for his recheck and he did fine..

Yes they have dangled the ATP carrot to us at Comair. The latest excuse is that company is waiting on FAA approval on something they have been working on since October. They even put out a memo saying it was approved but they were waiting on "verbal approval." Whatever that means. Sounds like the FAA has changed their minds on this. Heard from a friend at Compass they were revoking ATP's. He had his initial checkride 2 weeks ago and few days later the FAA snatched his ATP.

FO's have been calling in sick left and right before their sims in hopes this will be resolved soon. I have my checkride in 3 days but I am not even going to bother calling in sick. Rather get it over with even though we still have the industry leading sick call policy. That's about all we have left at Comair.

Looks like I will again have to pay for yet another rating only to lose money on the investment. Pretty much sums up the modern airline pilot career.

Yes they have dangled the ATP carrot to us at Comair. The latest excuse is that company is waiting on FAA approval on something they have been working on since October. They even put out a memo saying it was approved but they were waiting on "verbal approval." Whatever that means. Sounds like the FAA has changed their minds on this. Heard from a friend at Compass they were revoking ATP's. He had his initial checkride 2 weeks ago and few days later the FAA snatched his ATP.

FO's have been calling in sick left and right before their sims in hopes this will be resolved soon. I have my checkride in 3 days but I am not even going to bother calling in sick. Rather get it over with even though we still have the industry leading sick call policy. That's about all we have left at Comair.

Looks like I will again have to pay for yet another rating only to lose money on the investment. Pretty much sums up the modern airline pilot career.

While I am sure that in the end they want you to leave, they know if they give you an ATP right now, that you will most likely bail the very next day. They probably can't afford for everyone to just jump ship.

Sounds like another bitter FO comment............Yawn.

How is this a bitter FO comment? It's an observation of the regional business model for labor. Higher turnover equates to lower costs and less unity among labor. Nothing more, nothing less. And for the record, I don't blame my captain counterparts for their decision to stay.

As for "another bitter FO comment"... The only thing bitter around here is the white frothy protein on the back of your throat which you revealed so clearly during your yawn.

Latest resources

Back