Regional for jetBlue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KFFA

Is there any advantage for jetBlue to take on a code share with some regional? Same question for Southwest guys?

I would still say no. AirTran is not pulling away market share from either Airline and both JB and SWA are still filling up their airplanes.

coming soon

an annoucement should be out soon about jb or some other similar airline type from skywest. :confused:

it does look like maybe JetBlue may be looking at longbeach as their next base....could fit right into the hands of skywest..

CRJFlyer,

I have heard rumors that Jetblue and Skywest might be interested in forming a partnership, but probably not at Long beach. Long Beach airport is slot controlled thanks to the people who live around it. I believe there are only 41 daily "airliner" slots for mid-sized jets (A320/757/737) and a certain number of "regional" slots. I know Freedom Air flies CRJ70's for America West and Horizon flies CRJ70's for Alaska---and only 3 or 4 each.
I doubt Long Beach would be a possible hub. But, maybe as crazy as it seems---JFK..??.

Bye Bye---General Lee:confused:

I was going on some inside info an FA was telling me.. I had to take the FA jump seat from San Juan to JFK this afternoon(i didn't know SJU was such a pain to nonrev out of geez), and we got talking about possible bases...thats pretty much all I was goin on..and that skywest operates in the west...but as far as any logistics go I really don't have any idea about slots into LBeach, or anything else for that matter..

By the way, they were some cool ass FA's.....alot cooler than my dumb ex that works there....yup, the hearts still in pieces..haha

take care

Is there any advantage for jetBlue to take on a code share with some regional?

In a word, no.

I would have said no...until Airtran did it.

AirTran operates a connecting hub in ATL, and they depend on connecting traffic to make it worthwhile. Neither JetBlue nor Southwest runs a true connecting hub. There are some incidental connecting passengers on both airlines, but the traffic is by and large point-to-point.

I've seen full flights (162 passengers) in BUF that didn't have a single connecting passenger. Every single passenger was deplaning in JFK and exiting the terminal. This kind of traffic model, coupled with the difficulties of codesharing (quality control, coordinated operations, brand integrity, etc., etc.) make regional feed for JetBlue unlikely at best. But I've been wrong before.

No... In a brief conversation with the President of Operations, a commuter or "baby blue" for us is not in any current plans... Not only do we not have a true hub, but a low cost carrier can't turn profits on a 50-seat aircraft. Look at JB to continue on it's business model, the one molded by SWA. The majority of JB's passengers are OND, therefore, Jeff hit this right on the mark!

Latest resources

Back